• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Question

mmblarg

Not sure how to change the paste placement when you copy, but a work around is to use a shortcut. Select what you are copying, left click and hold, hold Ctrl, drag out, release left mouse, release Ctrl. That will auto copy something for you and place the copy to where ever you drag it to.

Joe House

Have you tried using copy>paste or step and repeat? I'm on version 19 and the duplicate function sets the new object just a little up and a little to the right. If I remember correctly that was a feature enhancement a while back. I don't really use duplicate too much, so I don't remember exactly when it changed.

SignosaurusRex

Pick what you want to copy (highlight)
...>Copy
......>Paste Over (leave the image highlighted)
..........> Use arrow keys to move where you want or use your cursor to drag to new location.

The original will remain in it's original location.

You can also go in to "Edit"...
...>Preferences
.......>Tools
...........>Paste
In that window you can change the X/Y variables of where the image will be placed when you simply "Paste". Those variables will remain until you change them. I have mine set (X =) +2.0 and (Y =) +2.0

Last edited:

stickerhed

Go to Edit, Preferences, Tools, then in the left window click on Paste you can set an exact spot for any duplicates

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Not sure how to change the paste placement when you copy, but a work around is to use a shortcut. Select what you are copying, left click and hold, hold Ctrl, drag out, release left mouse, release Ctrl. That will auto copy something for you and place the copy to where ever you drag it to.

After making this move once and you have the copied object still selected, the duplicate function (Ctrl + D, if you haven't changed it) will copy the same object the same distance.

bannertime

I typically end up hitting Ctrl+5 to center the object if it gets pasted or imported into the middle of nowhere.

IsItFasst

I have noticed this when you do a LOT of copy and pasting without ever closing the program. It seems with each new object you copy and paste while the program is open the further off it will put the pasted version. Simply restarting the program fixes the issue. As others have said, step and repeat works best for duplicating the same file numerous times but sometimes that isn't what you need.