• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi question

auto accents sc

We use Vinyl express 7.5 which is basically Flexi Pro. Recently we were sent artwork for a wrap. When we imported the ai file the font changed also the kerning was off. We also imported a pdf of the art and the same thing happened. I don't have any experience with printing. We are using an outside shop for that. Does anybody know what is happening?
Thanks dastripeman

anthony smith

when they save the file they must convert the fonts to curves or your system will
read and try to change
If not that they will need to send you the font they used and you will have to download
to yours

DRamm76

They would def need to convert all fonts to outlines or curves. What version of Illustrator are they using to create it? While Vinyl Express 7.5 is similar to Flexi, depending on what version they are using it may not import files in versions of software created after 7.6 was released. May NOT be the solution, but might be worth a shot to have them save it as an EPS as a lower version if that is possible

Marie

Do you have a copy of Illustrator? If so, open a new illustrator document, place the file with the font problem, then with the graphic selected, pick Object/Flatten Transparency. Set the scale to 100 and check convert fonts to outlines. Otherwise, get them to resend it with fonts already converted - Good Luck :)