• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi request different font

bernie

why is it that flexi will not let me open an old saved design without
requesting that I choose a different font?

This is getting to be an issue as I need the font I originally chose so
I can do repeat items for that particular customer.

How do I over ride this issue?

I run 7.6v2

Bernie

Last edited:

CS-SignSupply

If the software is asking you to replace the font, it can not locate the original font in your Fonts folder. Install the font and this should resolve the issue.

There are exceptions to this.... if you are opening an old Flexi 5, Inspire or Casmate file, it may ask for the font even if it is installed... Especially if the file and font resided on a Windows 95/98 computer and is not being opened on a Windows XP box.

bernie

I'm going to assume with this font that I do not have it installed as I
didn't write on the file what it was and have gone through my fonts. And,
I've had a computer crash since that time and noticed my calligrapher
font had to be reloaded. But, I have run into this before.

I do custom rock engraving and have another pet memorial to do for the
same customer and they want the same font.

Bernie

I run flexi 7.6v2 and xp

bernie

Thank you Bobby as I was able to get the font reloaded and the project
is ready to sandblast.

I am curious how you could detect which font I was missing
as I couldn't. After jhilldesigns asked if I still had the font - I checked but nothing
came up.

Bernie

CS-SignSupply

I opened the file in Flexi version 10 and it prompted me for the specific font.

Another way... but a pain in the rear... open the file in NOTEPAD... the file is encrypted but the font names are not. You just have to scroll through the file to find them.

Keneh

If you accept the alternative font Flex will load that substitute font for the missing font automatically until you restart Flex.

I am guessing that is why you did not see what the missing font was when you went looking for it, it only shows you that one time.