• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi sign 7.5 and roland plotter

sign painter

i have tried to use my GX300 in flexi 7.5 but it does not work correctly, there is no driver in flexi for this machine only the Cx 300 and im seeing that the drivers are not compatible? any help in finding a way to install the driver in flexi would be great thanks.

Steve Rife

sign painter,
There is no way to just drop in the driver from 8.x to 7.x. The easiest solution would be to contact the dealer you purchased the software from and upgrade.

When you mentioned you are not able to use the CX-300 setup to run your GX-300 is it because of USB port? What exactly is happening?

sign painter

when the machine starts to cut it is on the opposite side of where the screen in prod. manager shows, it seems to b backwards, not a big deal but frustrating if you forget that it does that. i have flexi starter that ive been using to run the plotter. design in sign lab or flexi pro and export to flexi starter. i also have an sp300v that i use most of the time, but somedays i need both machines. thanks for the info i appreaciate it.

Steve Rife

This may have something to do with the issue you are having:

Roland CX and CM cutters need to be set to Rotate 90, and GX cutters need to be set to Rotate 0 to work in Flexi 8.5 and above (actually the 0 offset will show on the left edge of the Cut/Plot dialog). Prior releases, like yours, did not utilize this.

To change the rotation on the Roland GX machines...
- load media into the cutter
- press menu 2x's to show UNSETUP on the LCD
- press down arrow once to display CONDITION
- press right arrow to show FORCE
- press down arrow 4x's to show ROTATE _deg (where _ is either 0 or 90)
- press right arrow then down arrow to change to opposite value
- press enter to set then MENU 3x's to return to the first screen
- Turn off and on cutter

The origin should change to the opposite side.