• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Sign 8.1 vs. Flexi Sign 8.5

Capital Signs

Ok, here goes...

I am thinking of upgrading to Flexi 8.5...

Can anyone tell me the biggest differences between flexi 8.1 to 8.5?

I hear the profiles dont transfer!!!

Any suggestions or remarks appreciated. Thanks. And is it worth the upgrade?

zgraphics

I use Flexi 7.6 for printing and i bought 8.1 and the profiles don't transfer.. I rather stick with 7.6 for the profiles.

PMG

Ok, here goes...

I am thinking of upgrading to Flexi 8.5...

Can anyone tell me the biggest differences between flexi 8.1 to 8.5?

I hear the profiles dont transfer!!!

Any suggestions or remarks appreciated. Thanks. And is it worth the upgrade?
The older profiles will work...you need to convert to legacy under the color profile when your right click on your printer in PM

zmatalucci

I use flexi8.1 only when it's the last resort. ie:eek:ld flexi files
Anymore, I find myself using x3, illustrator, and photoshop. I rip with versaworks as production manager in flexi takes forever to rip. I still feel violated for buying flexi!
RUN

OneUpTenn

I have had nothing but BAD LUCK since I upgraded. I NEVER once had a problem with 8.1. I upgraded to 8.5 and it has crashed on me at LEAST once a month. I lose all my profiles every time! I have to delete 8.5 and then reinstall. I have seen other threads on here where other people have had similiar problems.

I can't go back to Flexi 8.1 because whenever you upgrade it does something to the older version and you can't open it. I guess I could reinstall but who knows how that would work.

You lose everything in Production Manager too!!

This instance has become so frequent that I had to write me out directions on the steps to take to get it back to working so that I dont forget especially if I am in the middle of a big job!!

Oh and I have yet to see one difference in the two. Okay well minor things that I don't use anyway.. Three words DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

cgsigns_jamie

I love 8.5 It is a lot more stable on my machine than the old 8.1. It hasn't crashed in over a month (knock on wood). The new production manager interface is nice and there a a ton of controls. I can't compare it to 8.1 as I didn't have a printer when I was running 8.1.

Here is the new feature list.