• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Sign & Print Mutoh Edition - No cutter support other than Graphtec?

F80M3

Custom Title
So I bought a Mutoh printer a while back and have been using the FlexiSign & Print that came with it. I just so happened to have a graphtec CE6000, which i installed as a FC8600 and works fine.

I'm looking to upgrade to a Summa Plotter for perf cutting as I'm tired of cutting decals apart by hand and would love this feature to speed up my workflow.

Last night I was poking around trying to add an additional device in FlexiSign and it seems the ONLY devices I can add are Mutoh or Graphtec.

I emailed SAI support and they said for any other cutter I'd need to upgrade the software per the agreement they have with Mutoh.

Well, I'm waiting to hear back the cost but I'm sure that's going to cut into my budget for the new plotter.

Did I just happen to luck out and have the 1 other plotter brand (besides mutoh) that this software supports? I can't remember when I 1st added the plotter if there were other options for other plotters in the dropdown list.

I don't need mulitple plotters, just 1, was going to sell the graphtec after I got the Summa up and running.

Looking for some advice on what I should do next? Am debating on getting a FC8600 which I know isnt as good as the Summa but will allow me to continue using the software I currently have with no additional fees per month, but will I hate myself for not getting the Summa?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
I just sent you a private message with the upgrade cost. You are correct that the only drivers available in the Mutoh edition are Mutoh and Graphtec.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The Mutoh Edition only works with Mutoh or Graphtec cutters because at one point Mutoh and Graphtec partnered up but now they are not. They keep the Graphtec cutter drivers in the software just in case someone still has a Graphtec they bought with their Mutoh. So you will have to upgrade to be able to use the Summa. It will probably be around $695 if I remember correctly.

Or you could always use whatever stand alone software that comes with the Summa. Most major brands like Summa have a plugin for Illustrator and/or Corel and even have standalone cutting software that you can use to do the contour cuts. You just print through Flexi and then cut through Summa's software. Don't quote me on that as I have never used a Summa but I assume it works that way becuase they are a name brand.

I have to ask why you did not look at the Mutoh ValuCut cutter? It will work great with the software and will also do the perf cut for individual stickers.

F80M3

Custom Title
I have to ask why you did not look at the Mutoh ValuCut cutter? It will work great with the software and will also do the perf cut for individual stickers.

everyone here says Summa is THE go to machine. So the Mutoh cutter was never on my radar. I hope they are right!

Chris808

So I bought a Mutoh printer a while back and have been using the FlexiSign & Print that came with it. I just so happened to have a graphtec CE6000, which i installed as a FC8600 and works fine.

What you did to make it work? I have same setup flexi12 mutoh edition and when I tried to contour cut (reading reg marks) the ce6000 just start cutting little numbers on the right side of the vinyl.
Right now Im designing the whole sheet on illustrator and send it to print thru flexi but is very slow compare with flexi sign. I just want to design on illustrator and then make my layout on flexi. To print and cut from flexi.

Thank you for any advise.