• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi sign pro 8.5 does it compare to Omega 2.6?

scootinbob

I am looking around for software for my sign making and I use Omega 2.6-composer software and I wondered if Flexi had more options for me or if its just a better program. Im basically just cutting vynal for now.

zmatalucci

I would seriously consider abobe illustrator and a bridge to your cutter.
Flexi is very unstable, and extremely over priced.

DRamm76

Depending on whether your dealer can provide you with really great technical support or not, Roland Vinyl Cutters now include a FREE copy of Corel Draw until the end of May. But like I said, you're going to want to go with a dealer that can not only support your Roland PROPERLY, but Corel as well

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
since you're running gerber plotters, i'd stick with composer....if anything, get the upgrade to 3.0....but i wouldn't switch over to flexi

briderx

Actually, I kind of resent the "flexi is unstable" comment. I agree that it IS overpriced.. Especially with some others that, IMO seem to do a pretty good job. As for Flexi being unstable? I have been using it now for 2 years and wouldn't switch. I REALLY like the features that are in Flexi. I like how technical/basic it is. I mean: If you want to get IN DEPTH with the software, there are features in there that I don't know to use yet.. As for basic, if you want to jump in and start using it.. It's pretty simple. There aren't any features that I can think of off the top of my head that don't work how they are supposed to.

I will agree, the latest update evidently has some bugs.. But, I haven't updated yet, so I can't say.

Oh, and I haven't used Composer, so I again cannot say.. I can just vouch for Flexi :)

Hope that's not stepping on anyones toes!!

I have been using Flexi 7.5 since it came out. Its is very stable. It has been a long time since we have had a crash on it and come to think about it.. It only crash when vectored something!

99% of the problems are user/hardware errors but everyone like to blame it on the Flexi
Its the easy out
I will say its overpriced but worth it

briderx

House.. There is an update to 7.6 for free. Go to their site.. Dunno if I'm allowed to post external links or not. Dunno. Anyways, if you need the link (FTP) I have it.

Gene@mpls

Have both- Flexi rocks- my daughter says (politically incorrect expression
follows- read at your own risk) Omega is retarded.

briderx

This will stir up some laughs:

Contrary to another post in this forum... SAi DOES charge for tech support after 1 year (if bought new). ;) After that, you are on your own, or pay pretty good $$$ thereafter. So, if you can get the software USED, yeah, great product, but you're on your own. The user manuals are garbage in my opinon. They don't really show how to do practical stuff.

Last edited: