• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help Flexi Sign Pro v.12 running on Parallels from Mac

Signout

I have an iMac Pro running Parallels with Flexi 12 running on it. I have ran Flexi for years this way with very few issues, however now that I have updated, Flexi seems very unstable, freezing up, can't use my Wacom tablet, crashing etc.
I was just curious if anyone else is running this set up an how has your experience been? I keep thinking that with each upgrade from Windows 10, Parallels, Apple, something is going to fix these issues, but I've been waiting a year and it is very frustrating!

Any thoughts? BTW I do not run any virus protection on the windows side, since the only time I am on the windows side is when Im working with Flexi.

Thanks for any guidance you may have.

WildWestDesigns

Windows 10 is essentially rolling release, which means that it's in a perpetual state of Beta for all intents and purposes.

I would deny WAN access to the VM. That would help cut out all the updates and the stability issues that they may cause.

Bare in mind, I would not expect any support for Windows, Flexi or Wacom running the software in this manner. If it's not on bare metal, they don't much care. Even if it doesn't have to do with the VM software, but an issue with the guest OS or the software in question. Big no no running it in a VM (I love VMs, I'll have 4 running at a time, one VM actually runs within another VM, but this is a risk). At best, it would be up to Parallels to fix the issue(s).

Wacom drivers on Windows (and to an extent on Mac, although it tends to be worse on Windows) have always been problematic. I was just about every week having to reload the Wacom drivers and that was well before Win 10 and on bare metal as well. It was still problematic in the VM, although less so, when passing the Wacom connection directly to the VM to use those drivers (but I am using VirtualBox on Linux). I actually just use the built in Linux Wacom driver (which does have Wacom dev support on it and it is actually more powerful then the Windows/Mac drivers as well, but I digress) and nary an issue.

Are you passing the Wacom connection directly to the VM or just using the Mac driver?

Are you running it in any specific mode? Coherence mode etc? I have one program for Mac users does not work well with Coherence mode. Not saying that's the case here, just thought I would ask.