• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi sign rip and print problem

HOT ROD

I have a file i am trying to print. I created this file last fall and printed the wrap. I am doing a replacement so i went back to the same file and when i select rip and print it will get to about 30% and just say not responding. The file 219 MB in size.
I figured maybe the file might have gotten corrupted so i completely redrew it and i get the same thing.

Help please

FrankW

When does the 30% appears. During opening the RIP and Print-Dialog? During sending the job to the Production Manager? During ripping or during printing?

HOT ROD

Thanks Frank

It took 3 hours to finally print this file... a file i have printed once before in less than an hour...
I just left it alone and let it chug along. I checked ram and deleted a bunch of old files thinking this was causing it. But it finally printed.....

Not sure what i need to do if i run in to this again. Time is money as they say...

HOT ROD

the answer to your question as soon as i selected rip and print and select SEND it would bring about 3 blue bars up in a few seconds, then it was like in suspend... if you tried to select anything in the print window it would say not responding.....So i let it sit and sit today while i did some other things....

It finally printed....

Sign Eagle

What kind of printer? Had a problem a few months ago with Flexi and our HP25500. Printed about 3' of a 6' print and stopped, restarted and did the same thing in the same spot 2 more time. Tried printing something that had been ripped but not printed the night before which printed fine. Printed 3 or 4 more 8-10ft long file without a problem. Tried printing the original file and it stopped again. Reripped the file and it printed fine. Had the problem off and on for about 3 weeks until one day the printer wouldn't print more than about 2-3 ft of anything. We sent the ripped file to HP and they printed it without a problem. HP sent in a box of parts and their tec replaced one at a time and tried printing the file, the 5th or 6th item replaced was the hard drive which solved the problem. Been running fine since.

FrankW

There is a known problem of this kind with Flexi 10.5 as far as I remember. This will be solved with upgrading to 10.5.1.

How much memory is free on your harddisk? It can be a problem of not enough harddisk memory.

HOT ROD

Thanks guys

The file that was 219 MB finally printed after 2 1/2 or 3 hours of just sitting there with a prompt of not responding.

Last nite i created a brand new file very small.... 863 kb.
Sent it to rip and print and nothing would happen.... Not responding.. Guess i will try the upgrade and see if this fixes the problem. i am virtually shut down as of now. Cant continue to wait 2+ hours for a print job.
The printer is Mutoh 1204 Value jet

waximoff

Hot Rod,
I ran into this same problem yesterday. I didn't have time to wait and let the "not responding" box just sit there. What I did was go into the the art i was trying to send and just select a single item, in my case it was a small black square, and I just sent that. It went through immediately. So i knew there was an element in the file somewhere tripping up flexi. I hit "d" and pulled up my select by attributes box. Under "fills" I saw a gradient that I've never seen before. I went back in and changed the gradient.. I sent the file back through and it fired off the whole thing just like it is supposed to.

Hope this helps.

SameDay Signs

If nothing else it may sounds simple but it can be your cord...If it's a firewire they can cause a problem like this often or even a usb can malfunction. It can also be your computer running to many things and not being able to send information fast enough. Just my 2c

- - - Updated - - -

If nothing else it may sounds simple but it can be your cord...If it's a firewire they can cause a problem like this often or even a usb can malfunction. It can also be your computer running to many things and not being able to send information fast enough. Just my 2c