• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Software

BAD NOVA

I'm on the monthly Flexi Complete 24, I was wondering if anyone out there is struggling with Flexi issues?
I have issues daily with software lock up, I also have cutter issues.
Thank you, Brian

Stacey K

I like making signs
I do have locking issues or "not responding" if I have a bunch of EPS files or larger full color photos etc. Otherwise, it runs pretty good for me. I don't have any cutter issues. Is there something specific that is happening with the cutter? I assume you have the Summa?

Bxtr

We just upgraded due to Windows 11... The only thing I can't do is Poll size the material in my plotter now.

JMass007

I don't post often, but I do learn a ton, thanks to everyone here, thank you!

Same issue with Windows 11 (plus an update) about 6 weeks back.
Reinstalled to Win10 thinking it would help, no go.
Upgraded to V22, won't fix it, rolled back to 21.

PM can poll cutter (HP64 Plus), but Flexi doesn't, unless you poll 3 or 4 times then it responds.

What is more infuriating is the comms between PM and Flexi on print and cut jobs.
The bulk of my work is "Auto Serialize" or "Variable Data input".
The major problem comes in when it's a combination of Auto Serialize or Variable Data Input, plus a cut contour.
It's almost as if the 2 (PM & Flexi (V21)) don't talk to each other when compiling the print and relevant cut file, in specific "Media Width".
Again, only relevant (for me) when stacking sequentially numbered artworks, either with AS or VD plus cut contour.

I've been reading up and searching as much as I can, and there seems to be a comms issue (minor) with plotters in general after a particular KB file was deployed a month or two ago.
Not IT savvy enough to find a solution, but I'll keep searching.

Justin

natallica

Graphics Guru
Well, for us, Flexi has had it's bugs for quite a few years, but it's been getting more annoying lately. We've been updating regularly in the past few years since subscriptions, and even now being on 'Complete' hasn't really fixed anything.
• PM still disconnects on a daily basis, which then causes Rip & Print to hang. Hasn't made sense to me that 2 programs, that are designed to work together (from the same manufacturer) can't always stay connected on the same PC. And it won't reconnect unless you kill everything in task manager and reopen.
• Color settings and a few other preferences seem to always want to revert to a default setting. I've made it a habit of constantly checking every tab before sending a job, which to me, defeats the whole purpose of presets.
• Working with gradients in a file acts wonky when you need to move or rearrange the element, it shifts them around and changes the design.

We had a Summa S-160 T (2008 build date) that would just stop cutting near the end of a job like it was all finished (usually the last 6-10 inches or so). So I contacted Summa and they said the motherboard/screen needed replaced for over 1K, So we went ahead and upgraded to an S2-160 OPOSCAM. Put Flexi on a new PC and started fresh...the new cutter does the same exact thing when using Flexi. I think Flexi's drivers for that cutter are the culprit, but that hasn't been fixed yet either.

Don't get me wrong, most of the time Flexi works well, and has contributed to making us some good money over the years. But it's these little annoyances that make it very difficult to contend with on a daily basis. Prices constantly rise, but yet there are things that should be looked into if they expect us to continue to support their software.

* Side note
While I'm not 100% sure, I also suspect Windows Updates may help contribute to this problem because it causes issues with other software, other than Flexi... and for the developers, maybe Windows keeps messing it up. Hard to tell nowadays.

Just my .02