• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Starter

JFP Studios

I have been using Corel draw for some time now and I am thinking of getting Flexi. Would Flexi starter be good for me to get or a waste of money. Can i design with flexi starter and add a contour cut.

Thank You

CS-SignSupply-TT

Based on your owning CorelDraw and a Roland GX-24, moving to FLEXI Starter does not make it easier to design and cut. Your upgrade should be to Flexi Expert because the scanning feature in Expert allows for COLOR scanning and vectorization. For example, a customer comes in with their business card and asks you to reproduce their four color logo. With Expert, you place the card on the scanner and Expert will vectorize and separate the colors. The same cannot be said for FLEXI Sign (grayscale scanning only) and nothing at all in FLEXI Starter.

JFP Studios

Thank you much, I was looking at Flexiexpert 8.5 as I received your reply. It would be awesome to have that vectorizingand color seperation capabillity.

JFP Studios

How about Ultra Flex? Comparing it shows all the same features as Flexi expert. Has anyone used Ultra flex and is the same vectorizing possible?

CS-SignSupply

Ultra Flex is an re-branded version of Flexi. Specific features will vary slightly and you will get support only from the selling party.

CS-SignSupply

The Ultra Flexi 8.5 is almost identical to FlexiSIGN 8.5 and priced the same as FlexiSIGN 8.5. Call on CiberSupply for the best pricing on all Flexi products.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Flexi starter is for the most part ... just a cutting utility. It has little to no design capapbilities (atleast the type that matter) and you will have to design in draw, illustrator or something else then export out of that program and import into flexi when you wish to cut.

That being said, All I have in my studio is flexi starter ... in the shop, flexi sign is all that is really needed. Stick to what you prefer ... There is also an economical cutting utility you can add to corel draw ... can't remember the name ... but they have a lifetime version with a dongle ... I would buy that if you don't want the hassle of another program.

JFP Studios

"FlexiEXPERT – is packaged for the professional sign maker who requires advanced vinyl cutting and bitmap editing tools, but does not require color-printing output. FlexiEXPERT includes full design, text serialization, and color tracing features. It also includes the Job Estimator for accurate project management and design templates for faster production..."

Does the "does not require color-printing output" mean that you cannot print and cut color decals and graphics with Flexi Expert?

We are in the process of purchasing a print a cutter machine so I want to be able to print and cut decals.

Thanks for all your help to those that have responded. I greatly appreciate it.:U Rock:

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Does the "does not require color-printing output" mean that you cannot print and cut color decals and graphics with Flexi Expert?

We are in the process of purchasing a print a cutter machine so I want to be able to print and cut decals.

Thanks for all your help to those that have responded. I greatly appreciate it.:U Rock:

Seriously? Dude, if you don't even have cutting software, you should be learning the basics of cutting and applying before jumping head long into printing, laminating and applying AND trying to make a profit on your solvent (or eco solvent) printer that will be bleeding ink and materials until you can start turning a profit on both the machine, supplies, overhead and your pay. And no ... is not a RIP machine ... any print system should have a RIP if you're going to be printing ... and if you're designing in corel you don't need flexi to print. only flexi pro has a post script support ... look into a RIP, flexipro, and full adobe suite. It's worth the money, and if you don't have it ... you won't be around long enough to know why your prints suck.