• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Summa barcode next to each other

AF

I have not had the need to do what you are trying to do, but I do know that Summa listens to its customers so if you have sent them the feature request it is possible it will get rolled into a future firmware update. Not ideal, but a lot of the stuff we take for granted required the efforts of customers over the years to get them implemented.

signman315

Signmaker
I have not had the need to do what you are trying to do, but I do know that Summa listens to its customers so if you have sent them the feature request it is possible it will get rolled into a future firmware update. Not ideal, but a lot of the stuff we take for granted required the efforts of customers over the years to get them implemented.
Makes complete sense, and I love Summa machines and their customer service. It's by far the best plotter I've ever worked with, and there's no machine out there that is ideal for every application. I didn't buy it to do what this post discusses but I'm always pushing and exploring the equipment to it's full capabilitiy. I'm believe in and trust Summa equipment and as a company, I've only used their roll plotters but again they are the best I've used and will buy another when the time comes and hope someday to have the budget/need for their flatbed options too.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Thanks 2CT. But a Summa still won't be able to read that unattended....we can get it to print the way we want exactly as you describe or via settings in ONYX RIP that's the easy part, but when it comes to the plotter it will read each vertical column and then you'll have to go back and set it to read the first one of the next column, and do that for each column...this is because the Summa/ONYX workflow doesn't have an option to look horizontally for the next set of regi marks. Sounds like Flexi/Summa is similar based on the OP....
I was responding to the OP. He never asked for consecutive scanning, he just asked if it's possible under multiple barcodes which it is.