• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi text outline issue

ABWSIGNS

Using Flexi 10 - Please take a look at this photo:

flexiphoto.jpg

Do you see the yellow outline around my text?

I have not applied any type of outline or effect to my text, but for some reason I keep getting these strange outlines at random on my fonts. It doesn't show up as a color in my production manager ... just on my design file.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Do you know how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

strypguy

In fill/stroke editor click on stroke button. Directly below that is a drop down box. When you click on it your colors will show. Pick transparent and the outline color will disappear.

John

thewood

In fill/stroke editor click on stroke button. Directly below that is a drop down box. When you click on it your colors will show. Pick transparent and the outline color will disappear.

John

While that will make the existing stroke transparent, the stroke is technically still there. I would instead suggest pushing the "Clear" button which will eliminate the stroke rather than changing it's color.

strypguy

Good point but not sure if it matters most of the time. I've never had a problem cutting vinyl of printing anything using this method.

John

Retro Graphics

I would just like to reopen this thread to say, I really love how Flexi is so great at patching things. I'm using Flexi 22.0.2 64bit and this happened to me today. Before you say the fill/stroke editor, please look at the screenshot carefully first. I've been using flexi for years. I've never seen this. Fill is on, letters still hollow. I've restarted Flexi, I even restarted my PC. It's not a resource issue.

1680376228009.png
1680376266732.png

col2270

I would just like to reopen this thread to say, I really love how Flexi is so great at patching things. I'm using Flexi 22.0.2 64bit and this happened to me today. Before you say the fill/stroke editor, please look at the screenshot carefully first. I've been using flexi for years. I've never seen this. Fill is on, letters still hollow. I've restarted Flexi, I even restarted my PC. It's not a resource issue.

View attachment 164816 View attachment 164817
Check to see if the path on the letter is closed, this will definitely cause the hollow issue you are experiencing.

Retro Graphics

Check to see if the path on the letter is closed, this will definitely cause the hollow issue you are experiencing.
yeah no path to close, it was an actual font letter, that i've cut before. it's just flexi being stupid. I literally closed flexi, opened the file an hour later and it was working fine... F'n FLEXI... had a file crash on me last year, can't be opened, had a ton of my client's logos and files consolidated into it... was very pissed. Between that and this Mimakil, I'm about ready to throw something out a window.