• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Trouble After Mal-Ware Infection

uneedasign

I opened a file I should not have & infected my computer. I cleaned ever thing out and all is working fine, however in flexi, when I type text in a new file, it is in outline form. I can add text to any files that have been saved and all is fine, and yes I have it set to show fills in the view tab.
Anyone know how to fix this?

WVB

Hit ctrl F, and also make sure the wireframe mode is not checked on the fill/stroke editor.

slappy

I don't know what you used to remove your virus but norton sucks and the virus can still hide on your computer. I use AVG and absolutly love it. No annoying pop ups like norton has. http://www.grisoft.com/doc/1 check it out cause its free, however you do have to remove all of norton.

if you go to "run" and type in "regedit" they hide in there too. You then go to Hkey local machine - software - microsoft to windows to current version and see if the file is hiding somewhere in there. Like I downloaded the trial of estimate and did the thirty day thing and returned the software and uninstalled it from my hard drive and low and behold it was still hidden in there. (they like to stick stuff in these folders and hide it to know if you already downloaded it before) also....if you right click my computer on your desktop and click mangage, (in the box to the left click) services & applications, services they hide in there too and you can delete them forever....
try that avg though, like i said i love it and it's like number 1
or click here
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=avg+versus+norton&spell=1

signage

When you install any program in window it adds info to the registry and when you do an uninstall they always leave info in the registry, the only way to remove them is through regedit but be careful because they don't always create they sometime add to other registry strings that are needed by other programs/software.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

slapakiss said:
I use AVG and absolutly love it. No annoying pop ups like norton has.

Second that! I have a friend who is the lead computer systems architect at a major defense contractor and HE recommended I dump Norton in favor of the FREE AVG antivirus. It smoothed out all the headaches Norton was giving me.

mark in tx

This is another example of why it is a really bad idea to have your production computer on the internet.
Get another computer just for the internet.
A used iMac runs about 50 bucks on ebay, and it will do everything you need the internet for, plus, it will not catch 99% of the viruses or malware out there.

WVB

Since we are off subject of this thread, I use avast! which is free and works incredibly great....