• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi upgrade?

max

hello all...
was wondering if anyone could tell me what i need to do.....
i currently have flex 8.1 and use it to operate my printer and plotter.
i am looking into upgrading my printer to an HP latex 260. i know 8.1 doesnt have a RIP for the HP, but do i have to upgrade to flexi 10? i have heard bad things about the flexi RIP for Hp and have heard good things about onyx and caldera for an HP latex.
so my question would be can i keep my version of flexi to do my designing and layouts but have onyx or caldera as the stand alone rip?
or will they just not jive together?
much appreciation for any advice....

SignBurst PCs

Using Flexi 8.x as a design tool and ONYX or Caldera as a RIP is possible, but not as seamless as using Flexi for both.

Everyone has their favorite (or least favorite) RIP and opinions will vary.

max

thank you very much for your reply Casey. yeah I kind of thought it may be a problem with the to getting together. maybe I should just stick with flexi.
I see that you are a flexi reseller... would you happen to know right of what the cost would be to upgrade to the latest flexi that would have a rip for the HP latex?
thanks again

FrankW

Good experience with new Flexi on HP Latex too ... except of the fact that Onyx prints with a little bit smoother dithering. I'm working at a HP- and Flexi-Reseller, and even if we install most of the printers with Onyx, whe have installations with Flexi too.