• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi, Versaworks, Roland XR640. Need help printing white

TNT

I bought a XR640 the first of August. Set it up as a CMYKLmLcLk and white. I can not seem to get it to print the white in Versaworks Ive made the RDG_White spot color in flexi but it does not recognize it in Versaworks. Anybody have any suggestions?

Ragnabrok

make sure no colour conversion is going on when exporting, if it changes to CMYK or RGB it will no longer be a spot colour, and no longer recognized. Also in versa you are only able to select white ink as a printing option on clear vinyl profiles, and maybe some of the backlit ones.

ImpactSignCo

Your spot color for white might also need to be in all caps. In the default spot color table in Flexi, it's labeled "RDG_WHITE". Check on that, it might be a problem with naming. Also, if you use the clear calendared profiles, it should recognize the white swatch in Versaworks, then you will be able to play with how you want things ordered, white then cmyk or vice versa, or just white. Make sure you shake the white cartridge before using it and give yourself plenty of drying time. :)

TNT

Your spot color for white might also need to be in all caps. In the default spot color table in Flexi, it's labeled "RDG_WHITE". Check on that, it might be a problem with naming. Also, if you use the clear calendared profiles, it should recognize the white swatch in Versaworks, then you will be able to play with how you want things ordered, white then cmyk or vice versa, or just white. Make sure you shake the white cartridge before using it and give yourself plenty of drying time. :)

Well I spent the afternoon working on the issue. I finally got it. I had to get the Roland spot color white in AI, create a graphic using the spot white, exported it as a pdf to flexi and the create a swatch of the spot white with the eye dropper.

Thanks for the help.