Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi Versus AI

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by pitkrew9697, Apr 3, 2013.

1. pitkrew9697

pitkrew9697 New Member

Apr 1, 2013
    ND
    I'm working with a high quality logo that was originally designed in AI. I'm using AI CS6. It looks perfect in AI. However, when I pull it into Flexi, it's horrid. I was told this was a filter issue, that Flexi doesn't support the newest version of AI. Any ideas how to save this file in AI so that Flexi will read it appropriately?:smile:

Tags:
  2. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter Member

Dec 15, 2012
    oregon
    Everything I drop in Flexi looks weird. It all prints great though.

3. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    What do you need to do to it within Flexi?
    If it is print ready and does not need to have a contour cut or anything added just drop it in the program manager instead of the main Flexi app.

wayne k
    guam usa

4. pitkrew9697

pitkrew9697 New Member

Apr 1, 2013
    ND
    I'm putting the logo on a car wrap? So, i think i need to arrange, size, etc in flexi. ??

5. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I'd do it all in Illustrator - export out as a pdf, eps or flattened tiff & let Flexi handle only the printing (directly in the Program Manager).
    Seems to work well for me here.

wayne k
    guam usa

6. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    :goodpost:

Me to, if you have both AI and Flexi Pro, (as I do), hands down I would rather do all my wrap designing in AI (and PS), and only use Flexi for printing.

Those who don't have AI and ONLY have Flexi are forced to do any design work in Flexi, but in my opinion, AI is far better for design work...

:rock-n-roll:

7. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    What means "looks horrid"? The screen appearance of paths is not as nice in Flexi as in Illustrator, but that doesn't affect the logo data itself. If having problems, try to use PDF.

8. pitkrew9697

pitkrew9697 New Member

Apr 1, 2013
    ND
    "Looks horrid"

Well, the Chevy bowtie looks amazing in AI and in Flexi, half of it missing and the other half shows a big brown circle in it! Yuck!