• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Versus AI

pitkrew9697

I'm working with a high quality logo that was originally designed in AI. I'm using AI CS6. It looks perfect in AI. However, when I pull it into Flexi, it's horrid. I was told this was a filter issue, that Flexi doesn't support the newest version of AI. Any ideas how to save this file in AI so that Flexi will read it appropriately?:smile:

Bigcat_hunter

I'm working with a high quality logo that was originally designed in AI. I'm using AI CS6. It looks perfect in AI. However, when I pull it into Flexi, it's horrid. I was told this was a filter issue, that Flexi doesn't support the newest version of AI. Any ideas how to save this file in AI so that Flexi will read it appropriately?:smile:

Everything I drop in Flexi looks weird. It all prints great though.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What do you need to do to it within Flexi?
If it is print ready and does not need to have a contour cut or anything added just drop it in the program manager instead of the main Flexi app.

wayne k
guam usa

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'm putting the logo on a car wrap? So, i think i need to arrange, size, etc in flexi. ??

I'd do it all in Illustrator - export out as a pdf, eps or flattened tiff & let Flexi handle only the printing (directly in the Program Manager).
Seems to work well for me here.

wayne k
guam usa

phototec

I'd do it all in Illustrator - export out as a pdf, eps or flattened tiff & let Flexi handle only the printing (directly in the Program Manager).
Seems to work well for me here.

wayne k
guam usa

:goodpost:

Me to, if you have both AI and Flexi Pro, (as I do), hands down I would rather do all my wrap designing in AI (and PS), and only use Flexi for printing.

Those who don't have AI and ONLY have Flexi are forced to do any design work in Flexi, but in my opinion, AI is far better for design work...

:rock-n-roll:

FrankW

What means "looks horrid"? The screen appearance of paths is not as nice in Flexi as in Illustrator, but that doesn't affect the logo data itself. If having problems, try to use PDF.

pitkrew9697

"Looks horrid"

Well, the Chevy bowtie looks amazing in AI and in Flexi, half of it missing and the other half shows a big brown circle in it! Yuck!