• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi/Vista Rip/Print Issue

S

Sign-Man Signs

Flexi and Vista conflict. Searched but found no answer. Go to rip and message comes up "an error has occurred. Suggest you close application and re-start program" Using Flexi Pro 8.1. Work fine on my XP, pc. Any quick fixes? Already re-installed Flexi. No go on th print.

S

Sign-Man Signs

O.K.. So now I found out Vista does not work with Flexi 8.0V2. Anybody know of a fix other than to buy an up-grade for $400.00 dollars to make my $5000.00 program work with a MS Operating sytem that really is no improvment over XP on my $15,000 dollar Mutoh printer?

SignBurst PCs

Well you could "downgrade" to XP.

Also, you can try "compatibility mode" for XP SP2. I have never tried this with Flexi. I have no idea if it will help at all.

I disagree with you assesment of Vista, but that is just my opinion. Regardless of Vista being better or worse, the "software trap" is going to get you and you will have to upgrade eventually. It is frustrating sometimes, but it happens with almost all software.

New OS (Vista) means that you may need new versions of software (Using Vista causes you to have to upgrade Flexi)

and

New software means that you may need to upgrade the OS (such as those wanting to use the 64 Bit Photoshop CS4 being forced to upgrade to Vista)

I like to call it the "software trap". We get it from both sides. The only way to stay ahead of the game is to stay current with everything. It is nasty and expensive sometimes, but that works out great for the software companies.

This is one of the reasons that we "interview" all of our customers about their current software situation. We want to warn customers of incompatibilites before they buy their computers. We give them all of the information beforehand and they can make the best decision for their situation. Sometimes they choose the legacy OS (XP) and sometimes they decide to upgrade their software (such as Flexi), but they know what they have to do going in and don't have to worry about losing time/$$$ scrambling after the fact.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Well said Casey. We bought a couple of Emachines, basically for the monitors, but I feel that we are forced to use Vista and re-load all of our peripherals without concerns from the manufacturers of the cost to us. Emachines, being cheap, have served us well over the years until Vista was introduced and basically every thing turned to crap. I hate Vista. Very difficult to navigate around and the extra steps to get from point A to point B is stupid. All MS did was create a new operating system to line their pockets. XP, in my humble opinion was the best OS MS ever made. Mybe in a few years, I'll change my mind.

LittleSnakey

I am having the same problem with Version 8.5. Also get buffer overrun errors and Flexi just shuts down without saving. All these problems started after "upgrading" from XP pro 64 to Vista. I think I will be downgrading soon.

SignBurst PCs

I am having the same problem with Version 8.5. Also get buffer overrun errors and Flexi just shuts down without saving. All these problems started after "upgrading" from XP pro 64 to Vista. I think I will be downgrading soon.

With 8.5, you may be able to get Flexi updates that will fix your issue. Many people run 8.5 on Vista without any trouble.