• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi vs Onyx

CC-CMYK

I’ve always used Flexi. I’d like to get some options if I should switch to Onyx and why.

I’ve heard it’s the better rip but I don’t know why. I’ve tried the trial version a couple times and it doesn’t seem much different or easier to use.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
We have Onyx Thrive driving two HP latex-based printers in our shop. I don't have any complaints. The RIP has an Adobe certified PDF "engine" that (when kept up to date) can process any of the native effects that can be baked into an Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop file. There are other RIPs that do have Adobe certified PDF engines too. We have RasterLink Pro feeding artwork to a flatbed printer; it also have an Adobe certified PDF engine. Again, no problems outputting artwork.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Onyx has a 30 day free trial. I suggest trying it out.
Its fully functioning with 2 printer licences.

Peoples opinions are to bias when they've only used 1 software for a long time and haven't used both simultaneously.
In a well managed print shop, you should be using 1 RIP for all printers.
Yes, occasionally you may get a printer that needs it's own rip..