Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi weld question

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by signdesign, Nov 29, 2005.

1. signdesign

signdesign Member

Apr 21, 2004
    I have a word that I outlined I have them the same color now but I don't want my cutter to cut the lines out that are in the center. For some reason it won't weld together. Is there another way to do this.
    THanks
    Karen

Tags:
  2. Ogriv

Ogriv Member

Dec 21, 2004

3. Dennis Raap

Dennis Raap Active Member

Oct 5, 2003
    USA
    Karen, Try separating the the outline from the text then you should be able to select just the outline.

4. Sabre

Sabre Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Shouldn't you be able to run a contour cut with the "Include Holes" or whatever deselected? Or am I not understanding what you're trying to accomplish?

5. gtjet

gtjet Active Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Karen we have had the same problem. But usually we want the inside cut out of letters like o,a,b,etc but not the outline. What Dennis said above works if you do not need the inside of the o,a,b,etc also cutout. We have not found a good way around this but I am sure there is one. A stroke works but ok but often would do what we were shooting for with the outline. Glad you ask you are not alone on this one.

6. advsign22

advsign22 Member

Sep 2, 2004
    This is the way to do it. I am not around flexi right now or I could tell you how. Like Dennis said though. Outline the text with solid backing then seperate the outline from the text.

Ken

7. signdesign

signdesign Member

Apr 21, 2004
    How do you do the outline the text with solid backing I can't find that function anywhere. That would work perfect?

8. advsign22

advsign22 Member

Sep 2, 2004
    I am still not at my shop but, go to outline and the bottom red/black square. Click on it and you should see the box that is white in the middle (no backing) and the box that is solid red in the middle ( with backing) and that is the one you need to select.

Hope this helps.

Ken