• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi won't install

customcreations

I tried to install 8.6 Tuesday to no avail. SAI says it is my puter and I tend to agree on this one. I started having a runtime SAI error message about the updater file in windows/sy32 file. I got this error after installing ROXIO creator 2009, that did not work out for me. After uninstalling it that is when I started getting the error mesg. I have went in and uninstalled all flexi stuff. I can't get my old 8.5 to go in either. I run Windows XP PRO 64bit. It will load up to the point of entering the password. But it says invalid password and their is no versions avail in the drop menu on the side. I know it is a good disk because SAI had me install it on my laptop and it worked. I am also upgrading to the hard key setup and the drivers are up to date in the puter for it too. Any advice would be great!! Thanks for the long read--Phillip

PMG

8.5 installed for me on xp ..and i just did install 8.6 on both xp and vista with no issues...

Color Dude

By any chance did you set a restore point before installing or uninstalling any software?
I know my system will automatically set a restore point when it see's a change in the configuration. Maybe try going back to the last known good date on the system restore and see what happens.

Also just a FYI Flexi 8.5 & higher will run on a 64 bit system but is not advised at this point. The 64 bit systems are still in the bug stage. I dont understand with all of the dual core 32 bit systems on the market why would anybody want to have a 64 bit. I have been messing with computers for 15 years and my dual core system will out run almost any 64 bit system I have ever seen. Its 99.9% bug free so why create problems for yourself.

Not bashing just trying to make sense of it all.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Color Dude

Phil:

By some chance when you uninstalled the ROXIO, did you get a prompt that asked to remove shared files with a "filename".dll? If so did you say YES to this? If so the problem maybe with that .dll file being shared with other programs and you deleted it.

I charge for phone support, but if you want to give it a go, PM me your phone number and we can go through it and see if we can get it solved.

customcreations

Well I finally just reformatted that dirve and started over. I learned my lesson on ROXIO crap. My computer buddy says he has had lots of complaints over the years on it. I am slowly getting it back up, the computer that is!! Thanks--Phillip

Matthew Scher

Are you using an 8.0 or 8.5 password? The 8.0 password will not allow 8.5 or 8.6 to be installed and will show an error. I suspect you have both an 8.0 and 8.5 password and are using the wrong one on 8.6. If you email me your user ID and first 4 characters of the password then I can look it up and confirm if this is the issue, and look up the correct password for you.

pisi

I also am having problems getting the installation done

Are you using an 8.0 or 8.5 password? The 8.0 password will not allow 8.5 or 8.6 to be installed and will show an error. I suspect you have both an 8.0 and 8.5 password and are using the wrong one on 8.6. If you email me your user ID and first 4 characters of the password then I can look it up and confirm if this is the issue, and look up the correct password for you.

i also am having problems getting the install manager to accept my password are you able do anything for me? my user# is 586184 and password is FJ3T-LFPP-DGWP-BLL3-URMH-443G-AAPR-E4N9 is this the right information are you able to run this information to make sure its correct

Matthew Scher

i also am having problems getting the install manager to accept my password are you able do anything for me? my user# is 586184 and password is FJ3T-LFPP-DGWP-BLL3-URMH-443G-AAPR-E4N9 is this the right information are you able to run this information to make sure its correct

Wow - you resurrected a really old post. The version you have is a special edition sold by Seiki. You will need to contact them directly for support or upgrade options as it is not a branded Flexi product.