• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi8.6 rip and production manager

erlsigns

cAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN RIP AND PRINT AND PRODUCTION MANAGER IN FLEXI 8.6.
SEEMS EVERY TIME I SET THE TEMP AND WAVE PATTERN IN ONE, THE OTHER SETTINGS ARE DIFFERENT, i HAVE TO GO BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN THEM AND I'M NEVER SURE WHICH IS GOING TO ACTUALLY PRINT!
USING A MUTOH VJ1304,
SEEMS THE ONLY WAY I CAN MAKE THE SOFTWARE CONTROL THE SETTINGS, (HEAT , PRINT MODE, PATTERN ETC, IS TOO HAVE THE MEDIA SET ON "NONE"..IF I CHOOSE A NUMBER, 2, 3 4 WHATEVER..THE HEAT SETTINGS GO GREY AND ARE NOT CHANGEABLE?..HELP!!

FrankW

Writing a complete text in uppercase letter means "shouting" on the web. Not a friendly way of asking questions.

You can set different settings in the production manager and in the RIP and Print window. Regularly when opening the RIP and Print Window and there are differences between the settings, you will be asked if you want to apple the PM-Settings or the previous RIP and Print-Settings. But you can check that the software will remember the last choice and don't ask anymore.

You can select in "Preferences - Tools - RIP and Print" if you want to have that request back, or you can choose a setting there too.

erlsigns

Writing a complete text in uppercase letter means "shouting" on the web. Not a friendly way of asking questions.

You can set different settings in the production manager and in the RIP and Print window. Regularly when opening the RIP and Print Window and there are differences between the settings, you will be asked if you want to apple the PM-Settings or the previous RIP and Print-Settings. But you can check that the software will remember the last choice and don't ask anymore.

You can select in "Preferences - Tools - RIP and Print" if you want to have that request back, or you can choose a setting there too.[/QUOT

thx, bit clearer...but still not 100%

player

Quoting Erlsigns:

"Can someone please explain the relationship between rip and print and Production Manager in Flexi 8.6?

Seems every time I set the temp and wave pattern in one, the other settings are different, I have to go back and forth between them and I'm never sure
which is going to actually print!

Using a Mutoh VJ1304, seems the only way I can make the software control the settings, (heat, print mode. pattern etc, is to have the media set on "none"...
If I choose a number, 2, 3, 4 whatever... The heat settings are grey and are no changeable? HELP!!"

That's better!