• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiDesign importing BMP with green/purple lines, grain on printed images

CALVID

Hello!,

I am hoping some insight can be shared with me on two problems I've been having, or rather that my printing supplier has been having.

I do graphic design for the business I'm involved with, as well as different bands/groups, etc. (using PS or Ai)
Recently, I've been using a local printer in the area for banner and sticker designs.

Unfortunately, they seem to be having a problem with the output of the printed image, specifically what looks to be a layer
of grain across the image. - Now, at a distance, this isn't too much of a problem. But up close, if it is details such as a face
or intricate lines, etc., it can lose depth and look like RGB snow.

It doesn't seem to matter what file type they import (all at least 300 dpi), I've supplied them with PDF, Hi-res JPG, BMP, PNG.
I'm not the one using or familiar with the flexidesigner software, but I was trying to troubleshoot any known causes for this
and let them know.

This can be dealt with as long as the image is mostly solid colors and not full color photos, but again, I'd like to help them solve it so I can continue to work with them.

-
The second problem I'm encountering, and this is just recently - I just had them do six different vinyl/sticker designs last weekend. Other than the bit of grain, they came out fine. Supplied as a BMP format, as that seemed to be the best looking outcome of the formats I provided.

Just today, another batch of new sticker designs were sent, same format, 300 dpi BMP file - and they download/look fine on their computer, but once imported into Flexi, it has green/purple/pink streaks on the design.

Again, I'm not familiar with the program, or their printer - I know it's a Roland printer, and that's about it. But this is prior to anything being printed.

Their version of FlexiDesigner is 10.0.02.

Any help or insight on either of these problems would be much appreciated!
Hopefully I can have the printer sign up on this forum as well, and provide better detail into what settings, etc might be used.

Thank you very much!

CALVID

I will do that, hopefully it will alleviate the lines problem, at least. - Many thanks for the suggestion!

Do you think there's any chance that could be causing the grain problems, as well? Even though it happens on all different
file formats? Or would that be a different matter in the printer set-up? (I'm sure that's a needle in a haystack question. :)