Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexie sign training cd order

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by natslowe, May 31, 2007.

1. natslowe

natslowe New Member

May 23, 2007
    Can anyone tell me how to check on an order placed with Givemehelp a week ago.I paid the extra $10 for UPS Express to get it Quickly in order to help me with my vectorizing issues.The customer will be back in town next Monday & I still won`t have this issue under control.

Tags:
  2. Goofball

Goofball Member

Aug 8, 2006
    NASTLOWE......just a word of advice from experience....Flexi is not a real good vectorizing software compared to some others out there. Corel X3 is head and shoulders above Flexi in that department. I'm not bashing Flexi that is my preferred software for MOST applications. Just don't want you to be disappointed with the results you might get if you are only counting on flexi to solve your vectorizing problems. There is always Vector Doctor if you need something fast. He is really good, fast and well worth the money.

Bob

3. grafxxx

grafxxx Very Active Member

May 15, 2007
    watertown ma.
    nat stowe what are you trying to vectorize

4. natslowe

natslowe New Member

May 23, 2007
    Trying to vectorize a leaf boarder

I`m trying vectorize a leaf boarder to go around a window that will be on a window showing the business name.When I send it the plotter,it prints out any imperfections on my copyplate.

5. imaSIGNr

imaSIGNr Very Active Member

Jan 15, 2006
    You should have a HELP tutorial in your program....Click on the help tab.

6. gROUND cHUCK

gROUND cHUCK Member

Jun 10, 2005
  7. mtmdesigns

mtmdesigns Active Member

Jun 23, 2006

all programs are very similar and can basically do the same thing. Flexi is very good at "vectorizing" if ur in the know.

8. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    if your in a big hurry, the best advice is the vector doctor. I don't know if he still offers price breaks on the first order, but his prices & turnaround time are ALWAYS excellent. I've used him half a dozen times and always been impressed with speed, quality, AND price... and we know you can't say that about people very often!

9. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2005
    Lawton, OK, USA
    Welcome from Oklahoma!

10. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I would differ with you 100% as to Flexi's value as a vectorizing app. And I say that from the perspective of being a developer of vector clipart. We have Adobe Creative Suite, Corel X3, Imagaro Z, and a few other lesser applications and nothing beats Flexi in either Bezier hand tracing, auto tracing (4 separate auto trace applications built in) and totally superior, accurate and efficient path cleanup.

11. grafxxx

grafxxx Very Active Member

May 15, 2007
    watertown ma.
    i agree with fred