• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiPrint HP Basic is no longer recongizing the printer?

derekw13029

Okay, so today I went to open Flexi just like any day. Some message popped up about missing preferences or something. Unfortunately, I was in a hurry and clicked it away like it was nothing, before realizing what it said.

Now Flexi isn't seeing the printer, and it keeps asking me to change the set-up. Like it basically wants to re-install the printer, driver and everything.

This seems pointless, because, well....the printer has been working for almost a year!

Anyone run into any problem like this before?

EDIT: I can't drop a job into Flexi, I can't do anything.

Check your ip address hasn't changed on the printer from what flexi sees. Sounds like it lost all the printer preferences and settings that were saved. Or it doesn't know where to find them anymore. There have been issues also with anti virus software deleting different flexi files. You should be able to restore these if that is the issue.

derekw13029

Check your ip address hasn't changed on the printer from what flexi sees. Sounds like it lost all the printer preferences and settings that were saved. Or it doesn't know where to find them anymore. There have been issues also with anti virus software deleting different flexi files. You should be able to restore these if that is the issue.

Yeah, I was reluctant to go through with another set-up because I didn't want it to possibly lose the RIP log or any saved jobs, etc. etc.

Just had to re-enter the IP address (which hadn't changed, not sure why it wasn't recognizing the printer anymore) and it's back up and running.

Not a big deal, but kinda makes me worry a little about why that occurred. To my knowledge, nothing has changed except a break for a holidays.