• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexisig profile issue

makime

Hi!
I just got an jaguar IV and and a Roland Sj-645ex,
Before that i had an sc540 print&cut , and i have always worked with Versaworks,
and now when i have the GCC Jaguar IV i cant use it with versaworks so ive tried the flexisign 8.6v2, now is my issue where do i get profiles for the printer?

before i installed flexisign 8.6v2 i had flexisign 8.1 and there i got icc profile disc with profiles. but wy cant i use those profiles in 8.6v2 version?

and the 8.1 dident have my cutting plotter :( so i need to run it with 8.6v2

plz some one help me this is verry confusing for me right now :(

I need to know how to install the profiles from 8.1 to 8.6v2

Or is it an better software to use if i do my designs in illustrator?
Becouse im considoring to buy flexi 10 but it is maybe over kill?

Thnx //Makime

CS-SignSupply

The RIP engine is different from 8.1 to 8.5 and ICC profiles are not compatible.

Did not see any profiles for your machine available on the SAIntl.biz support site under Legacy profiles.

The Flexi 8.6v2 installer DVD has the profiles on it.

Hi!
I just got an jaguar IV and and a Roland Sj-645ex,
Before that i had an sc540 print&cut , and i have always worked with Versaworks,
and now when i have the GCC Jaguar IV i cant use it with versaworks so ive tried the flexisign 8.6v2, now is my issue where do i get profiles for the printer?

before i installed flexisign 8.6v2 i had flexisign 8.1 and there i got icc profile disc with profiles. but wy cant i use those profiles in 8.6v2 version?

and the 8.1 dident have my cutting plotter :( so i need to run it with 8.6v2

plz some one help me this is verry confusing for me right now :(

I need to know how to install the profiles from 8.1 to 8.6v2

Or is it an better software to use if i do my designs in illustrator?
Becouse im considoring to buy flexi 10 but it is maybe over kill?

Thnx //Makime

A lot of questions, so here goes:

The FlexiSIGN & Photoprint media profiles that you are looking for must be built for your printer model, Inkset, and RIP. File format should be a PTF (Preset Transfer File), and they may be available from SAi (developer of the RIP), or the various media manufacturers. One problem is that you are using a non-current version of the RIP (8.6). Flexi 10.5 is using a different color engine than 8.x did.

Assuming that you can find a PTF file for your printer, it would install directly into the Production Manager (RIP) application.

Personally, I recommend using Adobe design applications (Photoshop, Illustrator etc) because of their color control and accuracy, versus designing in FlexiSIGN (for print output). Designing in Flexi for cut/ CNC output is terrific.