• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexisign 8.1 pro and windows 7 (success)

Arstron

I had tested windows 7 early on when the beta was first released and had a few issues with running flexi sign, I didnt do much tweaking or trying becuse I had issues with other programs so I simply went back to xp. With the upcoming release of windows 7 this thursday and knowing how much it can help my Solid State Drive, I decided to give it another try. I downloaded the 64bit version of the Enteprise demo, turned off UAC, and installed flexi. I first tried printing from flexi to my production server, it went without a hitch, so I tried printing from prouduction manager on the same computer, it also printed without a problem. Now I have been working on it for a week without a single problem. So anyone that still has flexi 8.1 it looks like flexi will work just fine with the 32 bit or 64 bit versions of windows 7. I just wanted to let everyone know.

For anyone wondering, Windows 7 Enteprise can be downloaded on microsofts website, you get a 90 trial if you would like to test it out your self. You can choose between 32 bit or 64 bit.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
thanks! i was going to upgrade to the 8.6 when i got 7 up and running, looks like you saved me $350!

Matt-Tastic

i've been running Flexi and ONYX on my win7 64-bit home computer for a month or so now. i don't have it communicating to any devices ( i use it for software troubleshooting) but the software has been very stable and snappy.

hopefully rip designers will incorporate win7 and 64-bit in their design plans quickly to get us out from under the heel of XP!

LittleSnakey

8.6 Doesn't seem as stable as 8.1, I have some files I cannot open in 8.6 that open fine in 8.1. The thing is I need 8.6 for my VP540 and really like the updated product manager in 8.6. I run XP64

thanks! i was going to upgrade to the 8.6 when i got 7 up and running, looks like you saved me $350!

Arstron

I just wanted to add, I was sending the files to a mutoh valuejet printer and a q75 (graphtec) plotter.

LittleSnakey, just currious, why do you need 8.6 for your vp540? I have a friend with a vp300 that is running flexi 8.1 without a problem is the only reason I ask.

Sabre

Don't suppose anybody knows if 7.62 works on Win7, yet? Maybe in the XP emulation mode? I'd like to bump this machine from XP, but didn't have much luck with Vista.

Arstron

If I had 7.6 I would give it a try, I do have lxi master 7.5 I could try, but it sitll wouldnt tell you 100%. I forgot to meantion also, I am not using emulation mode, since my laptop does not support it.

LittleSnakey

The production manager in 8.1 doesn't support our VP540. I would have to save everything as an eps then inport into Versaworks to print. I find it to be less work to print directly from Flexi whenever possible. Also saves room on my hard drive.

I just wanted to add, I was sending the files to a mutoh valuejet printer and a q75 (graphtec) plotter.

LittleSnakey, just currious, why do you need 8.6 for your vp540? I have a friend with a vp300 that is running flexi 8.1 without a problem is the only reason I ask.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
8.6 Doesn't seem as stable as 8.1, I have some files I cannot open in 8.6 that open fine in 8.1. The thing is I need 8.6 for my VP540 and really like the updated product manager in 8.6. I run XP64

Flexi 8.6v2 build 1465 did have bugs in it that caused it to crash a lot. If you have build 1465 go to help and click on software updates, this will bring you to SAi's update page, download and install the Flexi 8.6v2 SP1 updater. After the updater is installed clear preferences, this will reset the software back to the condition it was in when first installed so make sure that you know all of the settings for your devices, and then reinstall your devices back into production manager. This should bring your Flexi build number up to 1472 which is much more stable.

LittleSnakey

Flexi 8.6v2 build 1465 did have bugs in it that caused it to crash a lot. If you have build 1465 go to help and click on software updates, this will bring you to SAi's update page, download and install the Flexi 8.6v2 SP1 updater. After the updater is installed clear preferences, this will reset the software back to the condition it was in when first installed so make sure that you know all of the settings for your devices, and then reinstall your devices back into production manager. This should bring your Flexi build number up to 1472 which is much more stable.

I actually reloaded version 1428. I will try updating to 1472 and see what happens. I kinda liked the contour cut updates in 1465 but copy and pasting a high res pic took sometimes 10minutes.. but if I used step and repeat it would copy quickly.
Thanks for the help!:rock-n-roll: