• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Flexisign 8 contour cut help

tony robinson

Hi im still new to flexisign and well the printing side of things the problem im having is i want to contour cut around a chain image outside and inside the links but i can only seem to do only the outside or one link on the inside ? im using make transparent - then contour cut

i have looked for how to do this and i cant seem to find it most the things i found people make the art work in flexi so it has no issues but im not making it in flexi i just use it for my cut lines then send it to versaworks would coral draw be better for this ? or maybe im not using the right words when searching for it

thanks in advance for any help or advice its probably something easy and simple but i cant seem to find the right way to do this

Attachments

• seamless-chrome-chain.jpg
    seamless-chrome-chain.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 261

anozira02

Flexi has great tutorial good reading when you having coffee or just doing nothing.. First click on the abject you want to cut then under Affect click on outline,, this will
cut inside and outside of the abject,, see if that will help..

TechnoLett

This image is a bitmap fellas, you need to first select the wand tool in bitmap menu with a tolerance of 32, and select all the white areas around and inside the image using the shift key to add each selection as a group, then invert the selection and convert the marquee to shape, then select marquee and bitmap and mask them! Then you can go ahead and use the contour-cut tool to create contour cut line! Make sure there is a check mark in the with holes selected! Hope this helps!

IsItFasst

Since this is a jpeg in the example, I would go to the bitmap menu, select "make transparent" and click on all the spots you want removed from the image. You may have to play around with the tolerance until you get the results you want as it may take out part of the image you want to leave or not take out enough of the white. Use the shift key to select the holes at the same time. Once you okay it, you can see what all will be cut out by dragging a non-white color over to your artboard which will allow you to make sure you didn't miss anything. The artboard color will show through all the open areas that will be cut out. As others have said, make sure you check the "with holes" when you add your contour lines.