• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiSign and OPOS problem

ColesCreations

We use FlexiSign 7.6.2 Pro with a t140 cutter, it cuts fine.

However, we have not been able to use OPOS with FlexiSign.

First of all- is there a way to make FlexiSign automatically print the OPOS-markers?

Secondly- how do I tell FlexiSign to cut this OPOS print?

It's of course no problem to OPOS-cut with Winplot, but it's a bit of a hassle, especially having to manually set up files with multiple copies, and adding the markers.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
In order to have Flexi print the registration marks there must exist at least one object known to Flexi as a contour cut. There are exactly two ways to create a contour cut: Effects->Contour Cut where Flexi will add a new contour cut object for you and Arrange->Contour Cut where you select an already existing object and ordain it to be a contour cut.

When a job with a contour cut is sent to Production Manager and you have specified that there will be a print and a separate cut in the Rip and Print dialog, Flexi will create two jobs. One for the printer and one for the plotter.

Execute the print job, load the resultant print into the plotter, and then execute the cut job. Flexi will prompt you through the registration process. Just how depends on just what options you specified back in the Rip and Print dialog.

There are a staggering number of combinations of options you can specify for a print and cut job and I wouldn't be doing you any favors if I gave you a cook book recipe. Far better you should figure it out for yourself. Then, most likely, you won't forget it.

ColesCreations

Think I'll print your answer and hang it by the computer:thumb:

I'll give it a try. Will this also work, even though my printers are on one computer, and the cutter on another? (In the same network)

Thanks!

ColesCreations

I think I'll bump this one.

We have for the last year successfully been printing "stickers" using Flexisign to our JV3, just specifying something like 200 copies, OPOS, pulling the print from the printer, laminating, loading it into the Summa cutter, send the cut-job, and weeding.

It's amazingly simple, no need to make markers or anything, it's all done automatically, just like Bob said. Thanks.