• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexisign colors way too dark. please help.

Hi, been struggling with the colors on *flexisign pro 8.1 and mutoh valuejet 1304* when i send the image it prints so dark, even when i send just simple lettering,
If i send sky blue it prints navy blue,
If I send gray comes out black.
If i send a picture it prints so dark the dark shadows come out black,
I think is a -icc profile but i don’t even know what that is- nonetheless how to corrected or created it,
Can somebody walk me trough step by step how to adjust the color?
So when I send sky blue it will print sky blue and not navy blue….
Is there a way to adjust the color that even a dummy like me can do it or is it complicated that it will take more that few lines to learn?
The way i adjust the color is by changing the quality, like from quality one to three,
But the quality is not that good or poor duh!!
If anybody can help me or point me to the right direction it will be highly appreciated.
Thank a bunch in advance.

Justin

J Hill Designs

you need to find a profile that was made for the media you are using on the printer you are using for the software you are using...and install it

well ok ill try flexisign downloads, see what good comes, as far as the profile for the media go, i can go to the rip and print than click Advance, i can change few things but i dont know where to find the icc profiles maybe i dont have any ill check with flexi and mutoh see if i can download any or if i have it just dont know were it may be.
may be a easy thing to do but for me sound very complicated.
thanks guy wish me luck.

4R Graphics

Try going to the manufacturers website of the media you are using and download a profile from them. I know that 3M, Oracal and Avery all have profiles for there materials on there sites some are limited as to rips but its a start.

I know that the profiles are not great sometimes but we have been able to use them and tweek levels alittle and are pretty happy with the outcome.

one last dumb question when i download a icc profile how do i make it so the rip can use it? where do i find it? i check--> C/PROGRAMFILES/FLEXI/ICC.
there are 3 folders that read
CMYK
GRAY
RGB
do i dump them there?