• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiSign, cutting overlays

Kelsey Adams

I'm making these decals for cups and the colors include silver and gold. I want to cut the team logo out in gold and apply after lamination, but I am having issues selecting the logo to cut only where it shows. When selecting to contour cut, it wants to cut behind where the names are (wants to cut the whole logo out), but I don't want that. I've tried combining, masking to no avail. Anyone have advice on how to do this? Thanks!

Attachments

• BC Soccer.jpg
    BC Soccer.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 291

bannertime

You'll need to manually subtract each of the black outlines of the names/numbers from the gold part. Depending on how your art is setup, that could be easy or annoying.

Another option that I've used in the past: Make the gold part a bright color, like green. Copy all of them and rasterize as a high DPI. Then use Flexi's color trace. That should give you the same affect. Then you can go to "cut/plot" and select that color from the side panel on the top right.

Kelsey Adams

You'll need to manually subtract each of the black outlines of the names/numbers from the gold part. Depending on how your art is setup, that could be easy or annoying.

Another option that I've used in the past: Make the gold part a bright color, like green. Copy all of them and rasterize as a high DPI. Then use Flexi's color trace. That should give you the same affect. Then you can go to "cut/plot" and select that color from the side panel on the top right.
Thank you! I ended up, making the black and white transparent in Flexi and added a cut line around each gold. Worked well!