• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiSign Cutting Registration Marks - Move out?

mnapuran

Is there a way to move the Registration Marks further outside the print then the standard distance?

I'm doing a contour cut/print job on clear, but the clear needs to be faced with a solid color vinyl BEFORE the contour cut job. If I can move the alignment marks far enough away from the prints, I can do what I need to.

sfr table hockey

When you set up your file, could you not just make your artboard or your layout space wider and place your image to print in the center. I think the crop marks just get set outside the file size you are printing.

Or in flexi production manager you should have a tile tab, mine is 5th over, that you can just grab the left and right margins and widen. This will make your layout wider and should cause the crop marks to print outside that area.

Forget that.... you are trying to cut several decals and the above is not the way. Might just have to trim that area out so the crop marks don't get covered.

mnapuran

Making the layout space larger does not make the registration marks move. They are printed based on the artwork on the layout space itself.

In the tile tab, if you adjust the margins, it does not move the registration marks. And if you "resize", the entire layout re-sizes.

I think I'll have to figure a way to remove the vinyl covering the registration marks by hand, but that will NOT be fun

CS-SignSupply

If your design is 12"x12" could you add a square that is 20"x20" with no fill and a hairline stroke of white and place your art centered? Then your crop marks would have to be pushed outside of the 20"x20" square.

sfr table hockey

Making the layout space larger does not make the registration marks move. They are printed based on the artwork on the layout space itself.

In the tile tab, if you adjust the margins, it does not move the registration marks. And if you "resize", the entire layout re-sizes.

I think I'll have to figure a way to remove the vinyl covering the registration marks by hand, but that will NOT be fun

If you want to do it that way just put a bit of painters tape over the crop marks and then laminate or place your vinyl over and then feel or see where the bump is from the tape and cut out around the tape edge and remove. The painters tape should lift off easily just don't cut too deep.

mnapuran

If you want to do it that way just put a bit of painters tape over the crop marks and then laminate or place your vinyl over and then feel or see where the bump is from the tape and cut out around the tape edge and remove. The painters tape should lift off easily just don't cut too deep.

See... there's an idea I like! :wink:

John in Cali

Increase the size of the border in the produciton manager. The registration marks will move to the outside of the border area.

thewood

If your design is 12"x12" could you add a square that is 20"x20" with no fill and a hairline stroke of white and place your art centered? Then your crop marks would have to be pushed outside of the 20"x20" square.

I sometimes have the same issue as the OP. In order to give myself some wiggle room, I will step and repeat the contour cuts in Flexi and add a transparent .5" outline to the resulting grid. Works great.

mnapuran

this!!! quick and easy

That won't work since I'm using Production Manager to do the copies. It would be a bit of a pain in the butt to do 800 of something in the design file itself.

I did it this way... worked great :thumb: