Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FlexiSign: "Encountered an improper argument."

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by lbpalm, Sep 1, 2020.

1. lbpalm

lbpalm Premium Subscriber

Oct 26, 2012
    USA
    And the hits just keep coming...
    - Anyone know what this means?
    TIA
    improper error.PNG

Tags:
  2. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    Sounds like it was talking with my wife.:eek:

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. The Yanki & The Brit

The Yanki & The Brit The Yanki & The Brit Signs and Radio Show

Sep 3, 2014
    Texas
    Hahahaha... when I was learning how to build mother boards the old fashioned way, the guy who taught me explained to me that when a connection was made, at IBM they called it a handshake.
    This could be the new slang for the fact that it is not reading a file properly.
    But I would still blame Joe's wife!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  4. netsol

netsol Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    englishtown, nj
    from what i can see this is a SAAS error (software as a service)

flexi is not logging you out properly from your last session (?) or disconnected you and reconnected you REAL QUICK before the systrm knew you were gone

my guess would be very sloppy upgrade on their part. microsoft is using a logoff utility to get around this

http://cs.thomsonreuters.com/ua/netfirm/admin_cs_us_en/virtual_office/log_off_utility.

i am not really sure what you need to do other than contact SAI support

5. DPD

DPD Member

Apr 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    It's basically a function call to a subroutine and one of the parameters is the wrong type. What function call depends on what you were doing at the time it happened. Call Sai but those things they usually can't help with because it has to go to the developers. They will tell you to clear preferences or reinstall the software. Hope you get this worked out or it's just a one time memory issue.

6. woolly

woolly Active Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Cornwall uk
    i would have asked it if it wanted a 5 min or 10 min argument ... ... sorry back to thread..

7. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    More then likely right here. It was expecting something like an INT, FLOAT, maybe even a BOOL and it got something that it wasn't supposed to. In my experience, it's usually trying to do a combination of things that weren't anticipated on doing. Or it could have been a memory leak and a process wasn't closed out that should have been (typically a behind the scenes process, but not always).