Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FlexiSign newbie

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by craigwojo, Dec 17, 2009.

1. craigwojo

craigwojo Member

Sep 23, 2005
    Hi everyone,

I have used Corel since version 5 and just purchased Flexi 8.5.

I am working on a backlit vinyl project with 6 different vinyl colors. When layering the colors without getting backlit light leakage due to incorrect registration between vinyl colors I would add a 1/16" contour to underlying colors. Is there a way within Flexi that AUTOMATICALLY adds for this?

Is there a good website to assist me in learning Flexi?

Thank you and God Bless,
    Craig

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    look for color trapping

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
  4. night eagle

night eagle Active Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Crowley tx
    just curious, why not print this if you have the capability to? that seems like a lot of diff colors of cut vinyl...

mark galoob

5. craigwojo

craigwojo Member

Sep 23, 2005
    Mark,

I haven't had the best results with digital graphics for backlit signage. Any suggestions?. Would really love to do good digital translucent prints but everything is too dark with good night results or too washed out with nice day results.

6. craigwojo

craigwojo Member

Sep 23, 2005
    When showing what to cut in Flexi, I need all the colors to show ALL cutouts for each color so there is NO overlap on colors when applying.