• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help FlexiSIGN PRO 10.0.1 image import help

tommy2018

Hi,

I am new to using FlexiSIGN PRO 10.0.1 and have watched a vids and learned to do the basics but I have having one issue that I can not workout - I do my image editing and creating in photoshop and in most cases I save my image without a white background so I can contour cut around the image but if I save the image as a PNG Flexi loads the image with a black background and if I do so as an EPS file type I get a white background. Can anyone explain why this is? Why am I getting a background on images that have none?

I know I can use the make transparent tool but sometimes I find the result to have bad looking edges thus I would prefer to have the original non background image loaded.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Tommy

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Flexi has always been funny about PNG images. Try another format TIFF or JPG. I would usually just make them vector and it is a lot easier to work with.

TechnoLett

Just import your image in FlexSign as a PSD (Photoshop format image), keep your background transparent, once imported in Flexi you have a bitmap image with no background but in order to create a contour-cut vector you will need to create it manually, by selecting the magic wand tool under bitmap menu and selecting the background and converting the marquee (marching ants) to a vector outline and then make it a contour-cut line under effects menu. Hope this helps good luck!

spooledUP7

Just import your image in FlexSign as a PSD (Photoshop format image), keep your background transparent, once imported in Flexi you have a bitmap image with no background but in order to create a contour-cut vector you will need to create it manually, by selecting the magic wand tool under bitmap menu and selecting the background and converting the marquee (marching ants) to a vector outline and then make it a contour-cut line under effects menu. Hope this helps good luck!
What TechnoLett said.

FrankW

Flexi 10 is not able to handle transparencies, you should try Flexi 12 for that. But forget the EPS File format, can‘t be used with transparencies.

AKwrapguy

Hi,

I am new to using FlexiSIGN PRO 10.0.1 and have watched a vids and learned to do the basics but I have having one issue that I can not workout - I do my image editing and creating in photoshop and in most cases I save my image without a white background so I can contour cut around the image but if I save the image as a PNG Flexi loads the image with a black background and if I do so as an EPS file type I get a white background. Can anyone explain why this is? Why am I getting a background on images that have none?

I know I can use the make transparent tool but sometimes I find the result to have bad looking edges thus I would prefer to have the original non background image loaded.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Tommy

Just save as a .psd for your raster images. As far as the .eps files, why would you needs a transparent background? Also is it masked? Sometime Flexi doesn't like mask's and you might need to release the mask. In general Flexi doesn't do will with transparent.