• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiSign Pro 8.1 // Multi-layered Cut Vinyl Decals

jmmccann

Can anyone tell me how (or where) to find this? I am cutting more multi-layered decals and don't always want a completely flat decal. For example, if I have a 3 or 4 color overlay, I would like the bottom layer to be solid instead of having the rest of the graphic's details cut out of it. Can anyone tell me where I can find the place to select this? I think I'm in the right area...but I can't seem to make it work.

Thanks.

jmmccann

select only what you want to cut before pressing cut?
Ok...Maybe I need to back up a bit. So you're assuming I've removed all the paths out of the bottom layer.....So, I need to go back in to my Vector software and take out the unnecessary cuts? I thought there was a way in Flexi to just automatically remove the unecessary background details. So if I've got a 3 layered decal with white as a background, Flexi can't just cover up the cuts that are overlapped by the 1st and 2nd layers?

thewvsignguy

This is what you want for a solid back. Under outline option it let you select with or without a backing.

Attachments

• SS Flexi Outline.jpg
    SS Flexi Outline.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 296

jmmccann

Okay, I knew I had used this before. I guess the reason I couldn't find it is because the graphic is imported in Adobe Illustrator format. So, there's no way to do this with an imported vector file right? This will only work if it's created within Flexi?

Ok...Maybe I need to back up a bit. So you're assuming I've removed all the paths out of the bottom layer.....So, I need to go back in to my Vector software and take out the unnecessary cuts? I thought there was a way in Flexi to just automatically remove the unecessary background details. So if I've got a 3 layered decal with white as a background, Flexi can't just cover up the cuts that are overlapped by the 1st and 2nd layers?
Just set a contour cut to zero and cut that as your base layer. The problem is you might want it a little smaller if you don't want it to poke through around the outside of the decal.

Drip Dry

Not sure if I understand correctly but, if I have extra paths in the bottom layer that need to be combined into one, I use the weld command to make it 1.
There is also an auto weld feature from the advanced tab in production manager. I never used it so I don't know if it will do what you want, but worth a look