• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiSign Pro 8 importing AI file

fwgrafix

Im using FlexiSign Pro 8.1 v1 and import AI files all the time, But one file that I can open and see all details in Illustrator CS5 I can not bring into Flexi. Doesnt matter what I do, Open, Export It gets to about 35% and just stops.

Its a big file, But Ive brought in bigger with no problems 394,994 KB ??

The file is artwork for a box truck at half size 300dpi ??

Any Advice ?

jimdtg

Im using FlexiSign Pro 8.1 v1 and import AI files all the time, But one file that I can open and see all details in Illustrator CS5 I can not bring into Flexi. Doesnt matter what I do, Open, Export It gets to about 35% and just stops.

Any Advice ?

Check your side with reduce resolution AI exporting to 100-150dpi and import to Flexi again to see how importing.

player

Are there gradients? Can you break it into smaller files then merge them into one manually in Flexi?

IsItFasst

I think everyone suggestions are good things to try. I occasionally have to export as PDF to get things to work right when .ai or .eps files aren't importing as they should into Flexi. Not sure if your version of Flexi supports the v5 of AI so also may try saving as an older .ai version.

shoresigns

If Flexi won't import a large AI file, I would try exporting to PDF for better compatibility. If the large size still seems to cause an issue, try downsizing the images when you export the PDF, then export/import the original high-res images to Flexi separately and combine it all together.

Sounds like a pain though – I would just avoid Flexi and do all the work in Adobe.

OADesign

Any Advice ?

Maybe I'm missing something? Why do you need to bring it into Flexi? II'm probably stating the obvious here. You should be able to do any edits in illustrator. export a pdf or eps and then bring into your rip, no problem.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Another idea would be to place/link any raster images instead of embedding them. This is actually a good practice regardless as you do not have massive Illustrator files that way but it can be a pain if you move files around from machine to machine and they are no in the same folder as the mail ai file. At the size of the file it does sound like it is mostly raster images anyways in which case it also might make sense to work in Photoshop and paste the vector art as smart objects and then just save the whole thing as a flattened tiff for print.