• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiSign Pro Cloud Color Issue

TheSignPostNC

We recently upgraded from Flexi 8.5 to Flexi cloud and are having touble printing some colors. We are running a Mutoh Vj1614 and an HP L26500. When we installed the HP and the new Flexi, the tech copied over all the profiles from the old verion. However, we are way off on some colors, especially grey and yellow with the new Flexi. The colors print the same on both printers. If we go back to the older version of Flexi, the color prints fine (on the Mutoh, Flexi 8.5 doesn't support the new HP).

We have talked to our tech support numerous times as well as the SAi people with no solutions. SAi has told us that the newer version prints a closer color match and that the original must be wrong.

Any ideas?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The profiles for 8.x will work but are not going to be quite right since they were created for the Adobe CPSI while 10.x and newer Flexi uses APPE. What this means..... CPSI and APPE are the actual RIP rendering/print engine. Flexi uses genuine native Adobe print engines which is great but that is a different subject to discuss. CPSI is a postscript based engine (Configurable PostScript Software Interpreter) which APPE is the new generation PDF print engine (Adobe PDF Print Engine). My guess is that due to this the profiles created for one are not going to work quite the same as profiles created for the other.

We have run into the same thing upgrading/transitioning from 8.6v2 to Cloud. However - we also have an i1 device and create all of our own custom profiles so I'm in the process of creating new profiles on the new Cloud version. There are some very tangible benefits in the long run. The older Adobe CPSI has to convert everything to PostScript (sliced up transparency and other common issues). The new PDF print engine natively renders transparency effects along with other benefits.

TheSignPostNC

Thank you for the reply. That is something we will have to look into, but I can't believe we would have to go to that length to get some of our customers' logos to print right.