• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexisign pro rip. Weird issue

mameighan

Ok so after hours and hours of toying with it I got it to work but I have weird issue.

I am trying to print and cut a file from flexi. It is just 12 x 18 and not a huge file

When I set it up to print and I ask it to print towards the edge of the roll I get the rip to go to 48 or 96 percent then the production manager crashes.

After several hours and file formats and many workarounds I realise that if I print in the middle of the roll it works fine.

Weird. Weird. Weird.

Two computers. Same thing

bannertime

Not that I can help you yet, but a few questions I'd ask when troubleshooting.

Do you use the alignment box or are you trying to manually position it?
Are you using the size polled from the printer?
Are you using a print/cut printer or a printer and then a plotter?
Are your substrates matching in Printer Options and Color Management tabs?
Have you tried it with other profiles?
Are you sending any print marks or color bands using PM?

Lastly, Production Manger is just finicky after being open a long time. Had issues similar. I just close everything and restart as I only restart my computer once a month, if that.

mameighan

HAHA, After going through all that it looks like the printer is seeing 53.9 and the rip is set to 54 - I had just never experienced it before usually it just prints. I have never had to change the media width - I wonder what happened in this case

Thanks for the input

Manual Position
Doesnt seem to want to poll
printer then plotter
yes on substrates
yes on profiles
no marks other than the crop
Not that I can help you yet, but a few questions I'd ask when troubleshooting.

Do you use the alignment box or are you trying to manually position it?
Are you using the size polled from the printer?
Are you using a print/cut printer or a printer and then a plotter?
Are your substrates matching in Printer Options and Color Management tabs?
Have you tried it with other profiles?
Are you sending any print marks or color bands using PM?

Lastly, Production Manger is just finicky after being open a long time. Had issues similar. I just close everything and restart as I only restart my computer once a month, if that.

bannertime

That very well could be why, but why it's crashing in the RIP process is it may not be that. Unless it's RIPing and then trying to send it, I don't know.

Any idea why it would not poll?

When my machines don't poll it's either cause the machine is currently in the process of printing/cutting, already communicating with the computer for some reason, or in the process of loading the material.