• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexisign pro

dortonracing

Ok here is my question, Do you all design stuff in flexisign pro or just use it to cut and use like photoshop? if so why not just get the flexi print and cut for like 2000 dollars cheaper? Is flexisign pro a good software for sign making and graphics? any help is very appreicated thanks...

appropriate1

Flexi is a great design program

I cannot speak for what "you all" do, but I have used Flexi to design almost every sign for many years. I use programs like Illustrator and Corel when I have to open other files, but usually convert them and bring them into Flexi as soon as I can, because I am most comfortable there. The software also allows you to use formats that function as other programs if you are used to them, which is a unique feature. You can check that ut under File>profiles>corel, adobe, etc

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I have worked at 8 sign shops, all them designed in Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator (Photoshop for raster stuff) and imported the file into a sign program like Flexi-Sign.

Flexi-Sign is a decent program for signs, but if you plan on doing more than design signs (like print design, websites) it may not be the best overall graphic design program.

thewood

FlexiPro contains a RIP feature.

I prefer to do vector design in Flexi and raster embellishments in Photoshop. Although, I do use Illustrator daily as well.

Matt-Tastic

The different levels of flexi have various features unlocked, for lack of a better term. Print and Cut has some of its features removed (like some of the advanced multi-up and pathfinding tools) while signpro has every feature unlocked (except routing, that's additional)

and flexi also can use photoshop filters directly, and while it wont replace AI and PS completely, its a pretty good substitute for the bulk of sign work.

gabagoo

I guess it depends on what you feel more comfortable with. Flexi is similar to other design programs but there is a learning curve that for me is usually slow. I can design in Signlab 5 much faster than anything else I have and I use programs like Corel and Illustrator simply to deal with newer files that we cant open in Signlab or Flexi. I have Omega too and I really never understood how to work in it proficiently and simply use it as a setup for my Edge. I also have Signlab 8 and bought it for fear that my older version would one day stop working, so I have not even learnt that one yet. I am just an old dog it seems

cgsigns_jamie

I design all my "signs" in FlexiPro. I'm so used to all the tools that it's way faster for me to design everything in Flexi than output from the same program.

I use illustrator and photoshop for designing things like business cards and menus.
I own the current version of Corel just to open files from other sign companies.

Steve Rife

Even though I am not in a production environment, I use FSP for all my vectorization, path editing, variable data (Autoserialization in the software), and adding contour cut lines to the jobs. I find the software to be extremely user friendly in these areas.

Any bitmap editing I still use PhotoShop... the features are just too good to pass up.

To answer your question on both FlexiSIGN-PRO and FlexiPRINT & CUT.... the differences are in the design features.
A few things FSP has that P&C doesn't... Autoserialize, Job Estimation Editor, Fan shape, Arrow shape, Templates, Convert to shape, Insert symbols (text)... to name few

Gene@mpls

I design all my "signs" in FlexiPro. I'm so used to all the tools that it's way faster for me to design everything in Flexi than output from the same program.

Ditto- after 12 years it is second nature- sometimes I do FSP in dreams. I fall back to PS if I have to.

trik

I use Flexi for designing on a daily basis, probably 80%. I also use Illy and PS on a daily basis, just depends on what it is. I do have Corel X3 as well, and Corel used to be all I designed in. They all have features I like. Get what is in your budget, but don't sell yourself short, I believe investing in a good software will repay itself over and over every day.

Good luck!

Conor Knoxx

I use Flexi for most of my design work.
One you have learned it, it is VERY fast to do most types of sign work.
As mentioned so many times above - Photoshop for the raster work.

However - your original question of Pro vs Print and Cut versions:

I use Print and Cut.
Couldn't justify the extra cost of the "Pro".

There's only a couple of things I've noticed "missing" from this version:
- project management / costing tools (which I'd never use anyway)
- ability to insert "symbols" in the text function is missing (which I find an odd thing to leave out)
- can't "serialize" number sequences (eg: make sequentially numbered signs - have to type them manually)