• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexisign rip log error

VINYLIMAGEZ

hello every body!!! my firts time posting here, I been brows'n here and I got to tell yaah that theres a lot of good info here,:thankyou: guys.

ok, I recently bought a disconteniud roland pc-50 from a friend that closed his buisness about 4 years ago, bought it for back up here in my shop.

I am running windows vista, and flexisign 7.6 v1, I set it up, loaded a vector and it cuts, I did the on board print test and it looks like the printing head is ok, prints the roland logo ok with out no lines or nothing.

this is the problem:
when I send something from flexi to print/cut I am getting an error and dont print/cut.
the log file on produccion maneger says this:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 summary="" border=1><TBODY><TR><TH align=left bgColor=#0066cc colSpan=2> Start RIP Job

</TH></TR><TR><TH align=left> Printer: </TH><TD align=left> Roland ColorCAMM PC-50 </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Port: </TH><TD align=left> USB002 </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> File: </TH><TD align=left> ColorCAMM PC-50.eps </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> File Size: </TH><TD align=left> 0.7k </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Sender: </TH><TD align=left> LACHIRINDONGA </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> ICC: </TH><TD align=left> WaterProof Glossy </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Job Type: </TH><TD align=left> Job file </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> File Type: </TH><TD align=left> PostScript </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> After Output: </TH><TD align=left> Delete </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Dimensions: </TH><TD align=left> 12.2 x 12.2in </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Resolution: </TH><TD align=left> 360x360 </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Color Mode: </TH><TD align=left> CMYK </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Dither Type: </TH><TD align=left> Angled Screen </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Gray ICC Profile: </TH><TD align=left> USWebCoatedSWOP.icc </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> RGB ICC Profile: </TH><TD align=left> AdobeRGB1998.icc </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> CMYK ICC Profile: </TH><TD align=left> USWebCoatedSWOP.icc </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Output ICC Profile: </TH><TD align=left> WaterProof_Commercial.icm </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Linearization Table: </TH><TD align=left> None </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> CMYK Bitmap: </TH><TD align=left> Perceptual </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> CMYK Vector: </TH><TD align=left> Relative Colorimetric </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> CMYK Text: </TH><TD align=left> Relative Colorimetric </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> CMYK Gradient: </TH><TD align=left> Relative Colorimetric </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Other Color Space Bitmap: </TH><TD align=left> Perceptual </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Other Color Space Vector: </TH><TD align=left> Relative Colorimetric </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Other Color Space Text: </TH><TD align=left> Relative Colorimetric </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Other Color Space Gradient: </TH><TD align=left> Relative Colorimetric </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Color Correction: </TH><TD align=left> Yes </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Use Embedded ICC Profile: </TH><TD align=left> Yes </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Use Spot Color Remapping: </TH><TD align=left> Yes </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Number Of Copies: </TH><TD align=left> 1 </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Number of Pages: </TH><TD align=left> 1 </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Send Date: </TH><TD align=left> 9/29/2007 9:45 AM </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> RIP Start Date and Time: </TH><TD align=left> 9:45:42 AM 9/29/2007 </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> CMS: </TH><TD align=left> Scanvec Amiable CMS </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Error: </TH><TD align=left> Uncaught exception during initialization. </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> Possible Reason: </TH><TD align=left> Normal standard output message </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> RIP End Date and Time: </TH><TD align=left> 9:45:43 AM 9/29/2007 </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left> RIP Duration: </TH><TD align=left> 1 seconds </TD></TR><TR><TH align=left bgColor=#0066cc colSpan=2> End RIP Job

</TH></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I don't really understand the error messages, can somebody help?

thanks!:thumb:

Gil

VINYLIMAGEZ

yes it is! heres a print sreen, its vista ultimate.

Attachments

• yes.jpg
    yes.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 193

ColesCreations

Don't really know, but I think only Flexisign 8.5 is compatible w/ Vista, and it's not even out yet.
Try it on a computer with XP...

Replicator

Although Flexi8 is the only true compatible version with Vista,

I've heard of people running Flexi7.6v2 without any problems.

I have no idea what your error messages mean (TECH SUPPORT).

Welcome to Signs-101 . . . !

Lunatic Taskbar

I have to say, just because a program loads up doesnt mean the entire program is compatable with vista. I recall reading that No version of Flexi is currently supporting Vista. However I am led to think that 8.1 has been proven to work on Vista but is not "fully" functional for a sign shop to rely on yet. From what I recall there is going to be elements that work and some that dont. "Help" being one simple element that probably wont. I would do a bit of searching and make sure.

Bogie

Yeah, don't count on any help from the Flexi people... If you have an old computer running XP somewhere, load it up, and see if it works. I'm guessing an interface problem - somewhere it's getting its i/o screwed up.

VINYLIMAGEZ

its wierd, I tried it with my laptop, same Flexi Version and same OS, and I got it to print and cut, hmmm

I formated both my laptop and desk top and installed a fresh copy of window vista ultimate about a little over a month ago, and I have not had any problems, The one thing I had to do Is install 1gb of ram on my desktop, I only had 512, yes! Vista takes a lot of memory, I still have 2 slots empty on the mother board, I might get more ram.
Can You say 4gigs?:thumb: