• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexisign + Roland PC-60 = Cut/Print issues

MEISTER

I just got a used Roland PC-60 running on Flexisign 7.6 V2 Build 0776.

It both prints and cuts just fine. How ever I'm trying to print and cut a graphic at the same time. I tried printing, then cutting but it does not tile it correctly and the print does not register to the cut. I looked though all the settings (I know Flexistarter fairly well), and can't find a option to cut and print at the same time.

Is tiling my graphics manually the only way to get this to work correctly? Can I do both cut and print at the same time?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

Sign Works

Flexi Sign Pro is all you need to run that PC-60 efficently, it has the RIP (Production Manager) to perform all your print/cut/tile/etc options at one time. Not meant to be sarcastic but read the Flexi manual (help menu) it explains all features within program.

MEISTER

Flexi Sign Pro is all you need to run that PC-60 efficently, it has the RIP (Production Manager) to perform all your print/cut/tile/etc options at one time. Not meant to be sarcastic but read the Flexi manual (help menu) it explains all features within program.

Yea, I got the plotter used. I read the help file, but doesn't go into exact specifics about setting up the file and about cutting and printing at the same time... Well it does a little, but it's a little confusing. For some reason the correct tabs in the Rip/Plot isn't there... I loaded all the drivers and everything it came with. I must be overlooking something.

Also I just sent the Rip/Plot and now it's just sitting there in my Production Manager. The Roland icon has the little gears rotating, and in the que, there are 2 files, one says "printing 0%" and it's just sitting there... I pushed Send when i started typing this reply... ? It's been about 3-4 minutes.

I'll try rebooting everything... maybe thats it.

MEISTER

Ok, So I rebooted and turned everything back on...

Now it's printing both my fills and strokes. I want to cut the strokes and print the fills. There is nothing in the Rip/Plot que that says anything about cutting.

Any ideas?

WR_Orion

Not sure on what kind of file you're printing but I primarily do bitmaps with vector text, stripes, etc added to them. I always simply put a contour cut for the area that needs to be cut but not printed.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sign Works

Meister it sounds as though you may not have the printer/cutter (Roland PC-60) set up properly in Flexi, this procedure installs the proper driver in Flexi for that peticular device and needs to be done before you can RIP and Print or Cut/Plot. If you want to run the PC-60 out of Flexi you should not have installed any other drivers on your system, the windows driver is to print/cut out of Corel or Illustrator for example. Do yourself a favor and open Flexi Sign Pro > click on Help menu > Help Topics - This is you User Manual, it should open in Adobe Reader, go to page 158 "Setting up Production Manager and Configuring Output Devices" This section will walk you through exactly what you need to do and you should be good to go from there. By the way, print out the user manual, put it in a binder and keep it handy for reference, I've got one at every computer station.