• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexisign Working with paths

HOT ROD

I have been working with flexi for about a year now, just making general signs, Text, outlines, shadows, shading etc etc... Now i have entered te world of paths, like editing paths, breaking paths and so on... I have come to realize i am no expert but i can usually follow directions or even trial and error. But is it just me or is flexi just not user friendly in this area? Is there a more user friendly software for editing paths in shapes and text and just drawing general lines and manipulating the paths?

Thank you in advance

FrankW

It depends on what's your problem. The basics how to work with lines and curves are very similar in most graphic programs.

HOT ROD

Thanks Frank

For instance i was taking the rounded end of a font and stretched it and made a point. once i created the point and select apply the point was there but the rounded end was also still visible. couldnt figure out how to make it go away.

OADesign

HotRod,

Try scaling the object up a bit. Sometimes, if you are working on something very small, Flexi has a hard time redrawing your path edits. Try scaling the object up, maybe 4 or four time the original size, then make your edits. Record the original size of course so you can scale back when you are done.

Another thought is whether or not your objects are welded together. If you have a weld effect on a shape, or font for that matter, path edits will tend to act weird until you release or "separate" the welds. Try going back to just before you created that point. Select ARRANGE > CONVERT TO OUTLINES. Or EFFECTS > SEPARATE WELD. Then try again.

IMO Flexi is more intuitive and Illy or Corel, as far as path edits, once you understand how the tools works.

this one

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 131

S11930

the best person for this is mark rugen @ givemehelp.com. He has books and dvds everything flexi