Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FlexiSign

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Bigg__Billy, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Bigg__Billy

Bigg__Billy New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Hello,

New member, been out of signs for a little bit. I was very good with Anagraph, but a company I'm looking to go to work for has FlexiSign software. Wondering if anyone knows the differences between the two, and perhaps the best way to learn FlexiSign.

Thanks,

Bill

Tags:
  2. southpawP8NTR

southpawP8NTR Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Potosi, MO
    Hello Bigg Billy welcome to signs101, most suppliers of the program either host training seminars or can get in touch with one coming up. Other than that you can do it like me alot of hours on th pc. About anagraph..I have no idea, I was probably still hand lettering then.LOL

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Although it's different and more powerful than Anagraph software, Flexi is fairly straightforward in the way things work. You can get to a decent level if you just start with each menu item and experiment with it to see what it will do. When you hit a stumbling block, check the Help file or ask specific questions here.

If you are looking for structured training here are a couple of resources:

Givemehelp.com

SAi Training Resources

4. Bigg__Billy

Bigg__Billy New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thank you, Appreciate the help thanks, Anagraph was so easy to learn, hoping Flexi won't be too bad.......

5. Wide Open - Kurt

Wide Open - Kurt New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Got a question. While you guys are on the Flexi board. I have been using flexi for over 4 years with racing decals, but now moving into wraps for racecars. This maybe a stupid question, but what is the best way or formatt to transfer Adobe files into flexi - so that they are not pixelated? Any help would be appreciated. Self-taught on all.

Thanks,

Kurt

6. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Not bad at all, I too started back in the dark ages with Anagraph. Just jump into Flexi and start playing. I too am self taught. IMHO, Flexi is the shortest learning curve if you are used to Ana. Good Luck

7. high impact

high impact Very Active Member

If you are thinking of designing wraps and your files are pixelated then you need a lesson on resolution. Search here, Google and Yahoo.

8. Bigg_billy

Bigg_billy New Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Thanks Sign...did you learn from the instructional disk or just jump into it?