• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiSignn Pro hates Adobe ai!!!!!!!!!!!!

tooserious

Hello I can't get an ai file to open correctly in Flexi I lose the layers or something. The file has a shadow and when I open it or import it or copy and past it is black.......

tooserious

Adobe Illustrator Woes!!!!!!!!!!

I can't get a file to look right in Flexi is it just the dreaded ai thing in flexi or what. When I open the file I lose the shadow around things(it becomes black)The gradients turn to lines almost

Charlie J

A few things you can try.

Open the file in Illustrator.

Save as:

an .eps
an illustrator 10
a .pdf

then try opening in flexi and see if it works any better.

Hope this helps

tooserious

I have tried all of that and still flexi doesn't like it

I have ole'd it saved it as all imaginable and still I have problems......

Bigdawg

Just Me
I believe it needs to be saved without the shadow for Flexi to interpret that part correctly.... or you have to flatten it. The gradients are the actual steps in your blends and I don't think you can get away from the way Flexi reads those (making each gradient a seperate step).

But I am NOT a Flexi pro by any means...

tooserious

It is an intricate part of the drawing ..it is a greay shadow.......very nice I have tried everything and I thought I was having trouble when it was a pdf ...now worse......gees......the pdf even loses the shadow and then the text is pixelated

Charlie J

If i'm in illustrator. I type out some text, add a drop shadow to it via effect/stylize/drop shadow. I save it as an .eps, then I open it in flexi and it leaves everything grouped together and masked. What versions of flexi/illustrator are you using?

If i'm in illustrator. I type out some text, add a drop shadow to it via effect/stylize/drop shadow. I save it as an .eps, then I open it in flexi and it leaves everything grouped together and masked. What versions of flexi/illustrator are you using?
:goodpost:I have to agree! Or try rasterizing it, save as eps and bring in to Flexi.

tooserious

I have tried it all I have CS3 and FlexiSignnPro 8.6 v1. I have tried everything I actually just now borke it apart and took pcs over to Flexi via copy and ole

tooserious

Nothing works and it is a new govt construction......company hmmmmmmm I guess I can concede and tell her to make it an eps file from adobe but I have done that and it doesn't work

Save it as a pdf, open the pdf up in photoshop, flatten the file, save as a jpg, tiff or eps from photoshop then open that up in flexi. Not the best way to do it but it should get you going.

ERUS37

If you have Corel open it with that and then save or export it as .ai or .eps i have the same problem on some of my work. Or you could also right click the image in Flexi and unMask, then deselect the image, now you should have a black mask on the front, delete it, and keep repeating the same process until your image is there by itself.

ERUS37

oh, have you tried seeing if there is a stroke, try to remove the stroke from the image in flexi or the overprint