• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiSignPro 8 and Windows 10 error

akfoy

I am running FlexisignPro8 and just upgraded to Windows 10. So far everything seems to work except for when I want to cut/plot. Every time I click on
Cut\Plot I get a message that states an unknown error occurred and it shuts down the Flexi software. Does anyone know of a way to solve this problem?
I contacted SAI and their only answer is to upgrade the software to version 12 for $1400. Version 8 does everything I need and have no reason to upgrade.
Thanks in advance.

WildWestDesigns

I don't think you are able to roll back to whatever previous version of Windows that you had as going to Win 10 is a mandatory update at the beginning of the year. Unless you do a clean install of that old Win OS wiping out your Win 10 install.

My best suggestion would be to run whatever version of Windows that it did work in a VM. That way you don't lose your Win 10 install. Depending on the hardware of your computer will determine how well that work as it is shared resources.

It has been my experience that when it comes to trying to find work around for a program to work in an OS that the OEM of the program won't support, tends to mean some functionality may be broken. Not always the case mind you, but it has been the case in my experience more often then not. Which is usually why I don't suggest upgrading computers that deal with critical workflow.

Now, I don't know about flexi specifically as I don't use that program, but that has been my experience with programs in general when trying to get older programs to run in newer OSs.

I don't know if you have 8.0 or 8.5 (8.6), but XP would work for all, but the later ones can handle Win 7.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What OS sis you run before upgrading? If it was a 32 bit system and now you are on 64, you need to update the driver for your cutter to the 64bit version. Also, I have noticed that when you already have software install and then upgrade to windows 10, it tends to glitch out. If you install from scratch on to windows 10 it seems to work much better.

WildWestDesigns

I have noticed that when you already have software install and then upgrade to windows 10, it tends to glitch out. If you install from scratch on to windows 10 it seems to work much better.

Sometimes in order to get some programs to work, you have to do from an upgrade. As some files won't load when doing a fresh install. I had some digitizing programs that wouldn't install DLL files when doing a fresh install to a non supported OS. Sometimes you would be able to do it manually, sometimes not. It all depends.

Although, sometimes when you do an upgrade, it breaks the install (mom had that going from Win 7 to Win 8 with her Ps CS6).

Typically why I always suggest not to upgrade (for this and variety of other reasons).

akfoy

Tried everything but VM and nothing worked, so we restored the computer back to Win7 and everything works