Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexistarter 10 vs flexisign pro 10

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by nexus, Jun 12, 2012.

1. nexus

nexus New Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Hi over the past 3 months i have just started up my own sign writing company after 10 years in the trade. I have a roland cx-24 and a king rabbit 1300 for the wider jobs.
    But my friend had given me signblazer elements for a sign program to work from but have used flexisign while being in the trade.
    So my question is i want to buy flexistarter 10 but wondering if it will do what i need with my vinyl cutters because at the moment cant afford flexisign pro yet so is it worth buying?

Cheers

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Bare minimum vs. everything. I doubt you will find it meets your needs.

3. Raulrdz

Raulrdz Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Brownsville, Texas
    I fell for this one when I first started...don't waste your money. Buy the full version, remember that it takes money to make money.

4. Steph_Stamm

Steph_Stamm Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Flexi has several levels from the bare minimum to everything, as Fred said. It sounds like for the time being you are only vinyl cutting with a bit of design. Pro also gives you printing, which you may not need yet (but can always upgrade to later), so I would recommend going with middle of the road FlexiSIGN. This will give you solid design capabilities and vinyl cutting, while saving room in the budget. If you think you'll use color vectorization, it would be worth bumping up one level to FlexiEXPERT.

As for drivers, Flexi has the Roland CX-24, but only the King Rabbit HX-1360. You may be able to run the HX-1300 using the HX-1360 driver, but it's not advised. That may be a deciding factor whether you use Flexi at all. Good luck!