• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flood Video

Mosh

In the back where all the water is, that is not the river, it is past the trees in the background, it got that high. Soon all the land you see in the video will be under water.

SignManiac

Hope you don't suffer too much of a loss. Life's tough enough without mother nature given it to you up the bung hole.

Mosh

That was filmed about 4 hours ago, the hole is now 120' wide! The Missouri river is going to be 10 miles wide. The Corps are releasing record amounts of water, 150,000 cubic feet of water per second. They hold the water in upstream dams high so the tourism from fishing will be good in South Dakota, they held it too long and now are worried that one of the dams could break.

hightop

This video made the local news in NC and I thought about you. Our thoughts are going out to you and all of the folks impacted by the flooding. I hope you will remain safe.

iSign

dude... that's F'd up...

I hope everything is insured if you are facing losses... both with crops and property...
best of luck bro... stay high & dry (but well quenched!)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
All kidding aside moshputz..... I hope everything turns out alright for you................

WrapperX

That's a major bummer man - I wonder if there was anyway to have avoided this - obviously this isn't a last minute decision. Events and ideas from months ago have led up to this point - I just wonder at what point was the pooch screwed that led to the chain of events that are happening now...

Mosh

3-4 years ago South Dakota sued the Corps so they would hold more water upstream to help with their tourist industry (fishing, boating) Now all 6 reseviors are full and no where for the snow melt from the mountains to go...pretty simple as to why we are getting flooded.

WrapperX

But shouldn't there be an automatic overflow limit. Sure dam up the river more so that the reseviors fill higher allowing for fish and boating - BUT if they set up a limit so that it automatically overflows and lets the water flow naturally then I would think that a slow progression over the course of the early spring would limit the need for this.

I guess I shouldn't try and think out THEIR jobs - I wouldn't want them trying to work out the logistics of why I do things in my installations. It just seems like these Government position players are always overthinking what seems like the obvious solution - and that would be to not let it get so high back in March and April that you have to blow holes in your levees and cause-ways in May and June -to relieve the levels upstream. Am I just over simplifying? Am I missing something? Is there some secret that because I'm not an Army Engineer that I'm missing? I just don't get it!! :banghead:

Bradster941

Wow.

To think, if you would have planted these instead of beans you would be cleaning up right now..

attachment.php

Seriously though, I hope it all works out in the wash, Mosh.

:doh:

Attachments

• sponge 2.jpg
    sponge 2.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited: