• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flooded in.

Dave Drane

The floods in Queensland that have been in the west have devasted the state. The foul weather has now caught up with the south east coast and Brisbane the capital city is under flooding right now. A tsunami like wall of water hit Toowoomba yesterday taking at least 10 lives and anoyher 50 known people are missing. I have just got home after locking the shop early and it has taken an hour which is normally a 10 minute trip. I had to drive through water 2' deep and take a long route to get home. I have been watching the news and it says it will be worse tomorrow?? I hope not, but am happy to at least be at home which is on top of a hill.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/:omg2:

Dave Drane

Is there any flooding in Vic? I have some pals in Bendigo and Eagle Hawk.

Not at this stage, but the rain has started down there too. Their emergency service are in central queensland helping clean up. When they had the bushfires 2 years ago our guy went down there to help. it is what Aussies do.

Esmae

I'm in Toowoomba, it's like a warzone here, very sad. Even worse off are the people down the range, they caught all of our flow.

Mosh

You ever get up to the States. My pal Pauly down there comes up ever june/july and always brings 8-10 mates along. There is always room at the farm for more. They come up and go dirt track racing (he has a car here at my place) Ever want a holiday to the staes I will put you in contact wit him so you can join along!

SignosaurusRex

Wow! I was just thinking the other day about you and whether the flooding was effecting you or not. Glad to hear that home is on high ground. Stay Dry!

Dave Drane

I'm in Toowoomba, it's like a warzone here, very sad. Even worse off are the people down the range, they caught all of our flow.

Brisbane city and suburbs with towns along the way are getting hit right now. We keep having some vicious electrical storms so I have to keep shutting down. It will be the worst on record according to the TV which is doing continuous telecasting.

flossybach

At least you are safe. I have been watching the TV all day, you just feel helpless. Friends of ours live on Bribie and have been unable to come to the mainland for the last couple of days. Hope you have some good food supplies they say it is going to get worse until THursday.

SeaWriter

Hope you live up on the hills around Nambour Dave.
Been watching the news and say the cost of damage is up to 11 billion already.
My brother is stuck along road at Bunderberg right now.

Well in typical Aussie fashion, that's a hell of a way to end a 7 year drought

Best of luck to all the Queenslanders!

astro8

Been thinking of you & everyone else up there Dave. I can't believe the volume & the speed of the water, dams at 190% & flood waters are still rising.

10 dead & 90 still missing...sad times for all aussies.

Dave Drane

I am fine guys, and I almost feel guilty for it.. Our few flooded roads and houses up here on the coast are nothing compared to what the city of Brisbane has coming.

Dave Drane

Things improving at all, Dave? I guess the infrastructure is ok - looks like you still have power?

Thanks, but I am fine where I live, even though I am only 1 hour north from Brisbane. The sun shone all day even though there were a few menacing clouds on the horizon, but the rain seems to have moved to the southern states. The flood waters are now receding and quite quickly in places. I have just been wartching the human stories and they are very sad, like the poor woman who could hold her baby no longer and saw it torn from her arms, and others some show extreme bravery and courage like the helicopter pilot who kept packing refugees into the back while his own home was being inundated. Too many to tell. Did you guys see the footage up there of the 300 metre concrete walkway breaking away from its anchors and flowing down the river to wards the most important bridges. A guy in his 1940 tugboat called "Mavis" manouvered it away from the pylons quickly going up and down the length of the "torpedo" stopping it from hitting the pylons and saving the bridges. He is a reluctant hero.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...er-to-the-public/story-e6freoof-1225986372966

GypsyGraphics

so glad to hear you're okay dave
so sad for the tragic loses, so impressed by those who have gone above and beyond.... and praying for you all.

xoxo -gg