• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Floods in Brisbane, QLD Australia

Dave Drane

I can see more deaths coming too. That water is rising just way too fast and people are refusing to leave their properties and businesses. The looters need to be caught and put straight to work helping others not so lucky. There are now some gut wrenching stories starting to emerge.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...floodwaters-loom/story-e6freon6-1225985939905
Entire pontoon restaurants have broken moorings and rushed down the river until they hit a bridge and smash to pieces. seeing the horses in the country trying to clamber onto roofs is very sad also. tomorrow morning at 4am brisbane will hit its peak of the flood level.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/gallery-e6frer9f-1225979450055?page=1
This surely has to be the "Katrina" of australia. I feel blessed that I live where I do as there are not many areas that have been spared the worst of it. Aussies are a very tough breed and will move on but it breaks my heart to see children relating how they last heard their parents saying good bye as they washed away.

andy

It's headline news here in Britain.... lots of families worried about Australian relatives..... people already asking when HMG is going to start offering assistance and start to organise an emergency public appeal for the cash needed to help rebuild Queensland...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Very sad news, hope for a quick end to this and a speedy recovery to all of you down there.

wayne k
guam usa

Dave Drane

Human kindness!:thumb:

Attachments

• Wallabies.jpg
    Wallabies.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 112

seesaw signs

where's that pic taken dave?
its hard to believe the amount of pontoons boats etc being dragged down the river. we ahve friends in west end who are staying their house tonight!?!? can you believe that??

Dave Drane

That pic is from the west taken in earlier days. Because Brisbane is the capital and Ipswich and toowoomba are nearby the west has been left out a bit. Rockhampton who are over the worst are still under a very slow recession of the water. There is still Maryborough which is getting the runoff from Gympie is still hurting. I just heard the size of New Orleans compared to Queensland and our area well ? last week they said it was bigger than Germany and France combined, well now I think we can start adding Italy and Switzerland and... It is just under 5 hours now until Brisbane peaks. The evacuation centres are full and they are finding more church halls etc for people to go to.. I am only one hour drive north of Brisbane but I feel so helpless, What can i do? I can't drive down and bring back a heap of folks and fill my home and feed them tomorrow morning??? see what happens? The heartbreaking stories coming out just choke me up. The young and the elderly?? Those kids sitting on the roof of the car swirling around in the water while they lost their dad??? I am so glad they blurred their faces.. ??? Big bold men crying??? Don't know how to describe the pain.

vid

wow... incredible photos and videos of the devastation. I can't imagine the heartbreaking stories to come from this. My thoughts are with those affected.

itzdeb

My heart is with you guys, please let Kel and Diane also know we are with them in prayers.

It is so sad... you are so wonderful and treated me so well when I was there. It is a beautiful country with awesome people...

I am heartbroken when I hear about the loss both human and animals. It makes you reach for hope wherever we can find it.

all my love, Deb Fowler